The best way we recommend to find low-cost Ford GT insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers that insure vehicles in Corpus Christi. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Try to learn a little about what is in your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher prices such as multiple speeding tickets and a negative credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives more information to help keep prices low and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Tell your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new insurer. As soon as you receive it, place the new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on every quote request and to quote with every company you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who shop rates annually will, in all likelihood, switch auto insurance companies because the odds are good of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A study discovered that drivers who shopped around annually saved about $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding low prices for Ford GT insurance is the reason for your visit, then having an understanding of how to shop for insurance rates can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
The method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Ford GT insurance in Corpus Christi utilizes the fact most insurance companies will pay a fee to give you rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a little information such as if your license is active, your job, coverage limits, and how you use your vehicles. The data is instantly sent to many highly-rated insurers and they return quotes instantly.
To find lower affordable Ford GT insurance rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Corpus Christi.
The following companies offer price quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. To find the best cheap auto insurance in Corpus Christi, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Earn discounts on Corpus Christi auto insurance
Some insurers don’t necessarily list all available discounts very well, so the below list has a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings.
- Multi-line Discount – Select auto insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a course in driver safety is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Corpus Christi auto insurance quote.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on Corpus Christi auto insurance quote as opposed to bad drivers.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A few companies who might offer these benefits are:
If you want the cheapest Ford GT rate quotes, ask every prospective company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Corpus Christi. To see a list of auto insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Corpus Christi, click here to view.
Here’s why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford GT in Corpus Christi, insurance serves an important purpose.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Ford GT with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects both your Ford GT and your personal assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $830 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Should I rate my Ford GT as pleasure use or commute?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Texas?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Ford GT?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap insurance quotes and also buy local. And supporting local insurance agencies is still important in Corpus Christi.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area that provide free Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When finding a reputable agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Corpus Christi are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can provide insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to get quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Corpus Christi that may be able to give free price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are contracted to one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. They are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are Corpus Christi exclusive agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
Johnnie Bickham – State Farm Insurance Agent
11014 Leopard St – Corpus Christi, TX 78410 – (361) 241-7621 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Corpus Christi should have no problem answering these questions:
- What insurance companies do they work with in Corpus Christi?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?