Sick and tired of not being able to scrape enough together to buy auto insurance? You’re in the same situation as many other drivers in Texas.
A study showed that most auto insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and almost half have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Texas could save an average of $1,770 each year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes online. Popular companies such as State Farm, Progressive and GEICO increase brand awareness with ad campaigns and it is challenging if not impossible to avoid their marketing magic and take the time to shop coverage around.
It’s a great practice to price shop coverage on a regular basis because insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the lowest rates on Honda CR-Z insurance in Corpus Christi at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the fastest and easiest way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
If you are insured now or just want cheaper coverage, use these cost-cutting techniques to save money without reducing coverage. Locating the best rates in Corpus Christi is really not that difficult. Comparison shoppers only have to learn the most effective way to get comparison rates over the internet.
The most recommended method to compare rates for Honda CR-Z insurance in Corpus Christi is to take advantage of the fact car insurance companies provide online access to provide you with a free rate quote. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as if you went to college, whether you are married, how much you drive, and driver details. The rating information is automatically sent to multiple top-rated companies and you will get price comparisons quickly.
To start a quote now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Choosing the best CR-Z insurance in Texas is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Honda in Corpus Christi, buying insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your car, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda for a lot more money and make you pay the higher price.
Third, insurance preserves not only your Honda CR-Z but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to save money.
Insurance Premium Influencing Factors
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although others are more transparent like where you live or your financial responsibility.
The list below includes most of the major factors that factor into rates.
- Where do you drive? – Driving more miles in a year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time cost less to insure as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your insurance declarations sheet shows the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your CR-Z may be costing you.
- Extra coverages that may not be needed – Insurance policies have a lot of additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t careful. Coverages like coverage for rental cars, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Adjust physical damage deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply would be a windshield shattered by a rock, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. The deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
- Lower rates for safer vehicles – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Honda is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
Insurance loss probability for a Honda CR-Z – Insurers use data from past claims to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates.
The next table illustrates the historical loss data for Honda CR-Z vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is considered to be 100. Values under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or larger claims.
Honda CR-Z Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda CR-Z Hybrid 106 87 83 98BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Save money with these discounts on Honda CR-Z insurance in Corpus Christi
Auto insurance can be pricey, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some must be specially asked for before being credited.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best auto insurance rates compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Data Collection Discounts – Corpus Christi drivers who agree to allow their auto insurance company to monitor vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Companies that may offer many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you want affordable Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in Corpus Christi. For a list of companies who offer discounts in Corpus Christi, click here to view.
You may need advice from an insurance agency
Some people still prefer to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find better rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your information is sent to participating agents in Corpus Christi who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You never need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Selecting an provider is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Corpus Christi should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
When narrowing the list to find an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Corpus Christi may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can insure your vehicles, but we need to point out why they differ since it could factor into buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. These agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are Corpus Christi exclusive agencies that can give you price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not employed by one company so they can quote policies through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. When comparing insurance rates, you should always check rates from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Corpus Christi who can help you get price quote information.
Joe Morales Insurance
5230 Kostoryz Rd # 18 – Corpus Christi, TX 78415 – (361) 852-4292 – View Map
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
We’ve covered a lot of ways to compare Honda CR-Z insurance prices in Corpus Christi. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
A few companies may not have rates over the internet and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agents. Budget-conscious Honda CR-Z insurance can be found on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
How to find low-cost Honda CR-Z insurance in Corpus Christi
The easiest way to get the cheapest Honda CR-Z insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from providers that insure vehicles in Corpus Christi. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- First, try to comprehend what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that increase rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a negative credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new company or agent. As soon as coverage is bound, store the certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Additional insurance information is available at the links below
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)