The preferred way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Corpus Christi is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers in Texas.
- Learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many things that result in higher rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and a lousy credit rating can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View rates
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new agent or company. Once received, safely store the proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
A recent car insurance study discovered that almost 70% of insureds kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Texas consumers could pocket 70% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes.
When looking for affordable Ford F-150 insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to obtain and compare prices from different Corpus Christi insurance companies. By far the easiest way to compare rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Keep in mind that more quotes increases the chance that you will find a lower rate than you're paying now. Not every company provides Corpus Christi F-150 insurance quotes online, so you also need to get prices from the smaller companies as well.
The following companies offer price quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. In order to find cheap car insurance in Corpus Christi, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Ford F-150 insurance in Corpus Christi
Auto insurance companies don't necessarily list all discounts very well, so we researched some of the best known and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Distant College Student Discount - Kids who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Use Seat Belts - Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of more than 20%.
- Sign Online - Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application on their website.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way. Any qualifying discounts should help lower your policy cost.
The chart below compares Ford F-150 car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums assume a male driver, no violations or accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
Some companies that may include these money-saving discounts include:
When getting free Corpus Christi car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all companies you are considering how you can save money. A few discounts may not apply to policies in Corpus Christi.
Ford F-150 coverage statistics
The rate table shown next highlights detailed analysis of prices for Ford F-150 models. Being able to understand how insurance rates are formulated can aid in making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$286||$382||$382||$22||$114||$1,186||$99|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$286||$486||$382||$22||$114||$1,290||$108|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$286||$486||$382||$22||$114||$1,290||$108|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$286||$486||$382||$22||$114||$1,290||$108|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$286||$486||$382||$22||$114||$1,290||$108|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$328||$486||$382||$22||$114||$1,332||$111|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$328||$486||$382||$22||$114||$1,332||$111|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$328||$486||$382||$22||$114||$1,332||$111|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$328||$486||$382||$22||$114||$1,332||$111|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$328||$486||$382||$22||$114||$1,332||$111|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$328||$486||$382||$22||$114||$1,332||$111|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$328||$486||$382||$22||$114||$1,332||$111|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$328||$486||$382||$22||$114||$1,332||$111|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$370||$486||$382||$22||$114||$1,374||$115|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$370||$486||$382||$22||$114||$1,374||$115|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$370||$486||$382||$22||$114||$1,374||$115|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$370||$592||$382||$22||$114||$1,480||$123|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$370||$592||$382||$22||$114||$1,480||$123|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$370||$592||$382||$22||$114||$1,480||$123|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$370||$592||$382||$22||$114||$1,480||$123|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$370||$592||$382||$22||$114||$1,480||$123|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$370||$592||$382||$22||$114||$1,480||$123|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$370||$592||$382||$22||$114||$1,480||$123|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$370||$592||$382||$22||$114||$1,480||$123|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$370||$592||$382||$22||$114||$1,480||$123|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$370||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,586||$132|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$370||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,586||$132|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$370||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,586||$132|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$412||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,628||$136|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$412||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,628||$136|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$412||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,628||$136|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can impact coverage rates considerably.
Impact of speeding/accidents on Corpus Christi insurance rates
The information below illustrates how violations and at-fault claims can drive up Ford F-150 car insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance rates based on gender
The chart below illustrates the difference between Ford F-150 car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no violations or accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Ford F-150 yearly insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premiums are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no set rule to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Ford F-150 claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it's costing you more than $800 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local Corpus Christi insurance agency
Some consumers just want to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is that you can obtain lower rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from local insurance agents is especially important in Corpus Christi.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to drive around because prices are sent to you instantly. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best company shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. Any agent in Corpus Christi should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, you may have found an insurance company that will service your policy. It's important to know that you can cancel coverage at any point so don't feel you're contractually obligated to a specific company for the full policy term.
Car insurance just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford F-150 insurance, car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it's guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying car insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver is wasting up to $825 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Car insurance coverages for a Ford F-150
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 30/60/25 which means a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims like repair costs for stationary objects, medical services and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Texas state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why buying low liability limits may not be enough.
This coverage covers damage to your F-150 resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your F-150 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for expenses for dental work, EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses and pain medications. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hitting a deer, rock chips in glass and fire damage. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle's value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Ford F-150.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Texas limits are 30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
You can find cheaper coverage
Low-cost Ford F-150 insurance in Corpus Christi can be purchased both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not offer price quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, policy non-renewal, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and poor customer service. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching auto insurance companies is less work than it seems.
We just presented a lot of ways to get a better price on Ford F-150 insurance in Corpus Christi. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates come from the smaller companies.
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Corpus Christi Car Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150 in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)