A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that a large majority of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for more than four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in Texas could pocket almost 70% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to shop their coverage around.
The best way to save money on Pontiac GTO insurance in Corpus Christi is to do a yearly price comparison from companies in Texas. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- First, spend some time learning about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that increase rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a low credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for additional ideas to prevent expensive rate increases and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new insurance company. Once coverage is bound, put the new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to find better prices using these tips. Finding the cheapest coverage in Corpus Christi is actually very simple if you learn how to start. Nevertheless, Texas drivers should learn the way companies sell insurance online and use it to your advantage.
Cheap car insurance in Corpus Christi, TX
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. To locate cheap car insurance in Corpus Christi, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Score discounts to get cheaper Corpus Christi insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize every policy discount very clearly, so the list below details a few of the more common and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Corpus Christi auto insurance online. If you’re not getting every credit available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Club Memberships – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Corpus Christi may earn a discount on insurance.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Student in College – Kids living away from Corpus Christi attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags can receive discounts as much as 30%.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% with a few insurance companies.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
To choose insurers who offer cheap Pontiac GTO insurance quotes in Corpus Christi in Texas, click here to view.
What Affects Pontiac GTO Insurance Premiums?
Lots of things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although others are more transparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
Shown below are some of the most common factors companies use to determine prices.
- Traffic violations cost more than a fine – Good drivers have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Having just one ticket can increase rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have received multiple tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- High comp and collision deductibles cost less – The deductibles you choose define how much you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and damage from wind. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Cheaper rates by bundling – Some insurers afford discounts to policyholders who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to save more without the discount by buying from different companies
- Annual mileage impacts premiums – The higher the miles on your Pontiac annually the more it will cost to insure it. Many insurance companies calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your GTO can cost quite a bit. Verify your auto insurance policy shows annual mileage, because it can save money.
- Safety ratings are a factor – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles reduce occupant injuries and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims and thus lower rates. If your Pontiac GTO has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may cost less to insure.
How much auto insurance do I need?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique and your auto insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Should I contact an insurance agency?
Certain consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for small agencies is still important in Corpus Christi.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Corpus Christi who will give competitive quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You’ll get the best rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to compare rates from one company in particular, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you want to use a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures to choose from. Agencies in Corpus Christi are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent agents do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured. When comparing insurance rates, you definitely need to contact multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Corpus Christi that may be able to give free insurance rate quotes.
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Corpus Christi that can give you rate quotes.
Finding the right car insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Does their agency support local causes in Corpus Christi?
- How are they compensated?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Texas?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
Upon getting satisfactory answers to your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles.
Smart shoppers get results
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
You just learned many tips how you can get a better price on Pontiac GTO insurance in Corpus Christi. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices are with an unexpected company. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
To learn more, link through to these articles:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much are Corpus Christi Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Corpus Christi Car Insurance for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Veterans in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)