I can’t think of anyone who rejoices having to buy car insurance, especially when they know the cost is way too high.
It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Consumers who get comparison quotes at least once a year are highly likely to move their business because there is a high probability of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A study showed that drivers who compared prices regularly saved an average of $865 a year compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance is why you’re here, then having some insight into the best ways to shop for insurance can make it simple to find affordable coverage. There are many car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and even though it’s nice to have a selection, having more insurance companies makes it harder to find a good deal for Acura ILX insurance in Corpus Christi.
Most larger insurance companies provide prices for coverage directly from their websites. Getting Acura ILX insurance prices online is pretty easy as all you need to do is type in your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. Behind the scenes, their rating system collects information on your driving record and credit history and provides a quote based on the data you entered. This helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step in order to get cheap rates.
To find out if lower rates are available, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate coverages and limits as shown on your current policy. This ensures you are getting an apples-to-apples comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Texas. To buy the best cheap auto insurance in Texas, we recommend you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Despite the high insurance cost for a Acura ILX in Corpus Christi, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your ILX, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Acura at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Acura ILX and your personal assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Acura as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having car insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $700 annually so compare rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might find some hidden discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but a few must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give a lower premium rate if you buy life insurance from them.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings as much as 30%.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Corpus Christi, follow this link.
When to contact an insurance agent
Many people just prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a great decision Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to companies in Corpus Christi who will give competitive quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to you. If you need to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an insurance company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. A good agent in Corpus Christi will have answers to these questions.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Texas?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Is there a local claims center in Corpus Christi?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
Choose the right car insurance agent
If you need to find an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Corpus Christi are either exclusive or independent. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s a good idea to understand why they differ because it can factor into buying decisions.
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Corpus Christi that can give you rate quotes.
Johnnie Bickham – State Farm Insurance Agent
11014 Leopard St – Corpus Christi, TX 78410 – (361) 241-7621 – View Map
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you need to check rates from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below are Corpus Christi independent insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
Joe Morales Insurance
5230 Kostoryz Rd # 18 – Corpus Christi, TX 78415 – (361) 852-4292 – View Map
Don’t give up on cheap coverage
As you quote Corpus Christi auto insurance, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Some insurance companies may not have rates over the internet and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies. Discount Acura ILX insurance can be sourced both online in addition to many Corpus Christi insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
How to find lower priced Acura ILX insurance in Corpus Christi
Truthfully, the best way to get discount car insurance rates in Corpus Christi is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies who sell insurance in Texas.
- First, read and learn about policy coverages and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause high rates like getting speeding tickets and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources. View insurance agents
- Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on ILX insurance. If you find a better price, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a signed application to the newly selected company. When you receive it, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
A good tip to remember is to use the same level of coverage on each quote and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
More information is located at these links:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 4×4 Vehicles in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Corpus Christi Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Corpus Christi Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)