Inconceivable but true, most auto insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. The average driver in Corpus Christi could save as much as $1,770 every year, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rate quotes online.
The best way we recommend to get the cheapest Chevy Trax insurance in Corpus Christi is to regularly compare quotes from providers who can sell car insurance in Texas. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- First, try to learn a little about individual coverages and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents and a poor credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Don’t overlook these Chevy Trax insurance discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before being credited.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in Corpus Christi can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some insurance companies give a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn up to 20% and get you the cheapest Chevrolet Trax insurance in Corpus Christi.
- Claim Free – Corpus Christi drivers who stay claim-free get the best insurance rates in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will bring down your overall premium however.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, federal employee, good student, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, and five-year accident-free.
- Travelers offers discounts for new car, early quote, multi-policy, multi-car, and student away at school.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for multi-policy, driver training, 55 and retired, good student, renewal discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include preferred payment discount, multi-car, multi-policy, newly retired, exclusive group savings, and new move discount.
- American Family offers discounts including air bags, early bird, Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in your state. To see insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Corpus Christi, click this link.
How to buy Chevy Trax insurance in Corpus Christi
The following companies have been selected to offer quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Corpus Christi, TX, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Four Things That Influence Your Insurance Prices
Many things are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
Lower rates for cars with good safety ratings – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce occupant injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Chevy Trax scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
Pay less if you’re married – Getting married may earn you lower rates on your policy. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Performance affects rates – The type of car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Male premiums may be higher – Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better drivers. They both tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but the males tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Male teenagers generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore pay the highest rates.
Loss statistics for a Chevy Trax – Auto insurance companies use data from past claims to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that are shown to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have increased rates.
The next table shows the historical loss data for Chevy Trax vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is equal to 100. Values that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Make and Model
|Chevrolet Trax 4dr 2WD
|Chevrolet Trax 4dr 4WD
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
It’s not one size fits all
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Is my Chevy Trax covered for smoke damage?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Comparing prices from local Corpus Christi auto insurance agents
Certain consumers still like to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can obtain lower rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Corpus Christi who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to drive around because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Corpus Christi?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- How long has their agency been open in Corpus Christi?
Choose the right car insurance agent
When looking for a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Corpus Christi can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well trained on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below are Corpus Christi exclusive agents that can give you price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When searching for an agent, it’s recommended you include multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Corpus Christi willing to provide comparison quotes.
1901 Baldwin Blvd # C – Corpus Christi, TX 78404 – (361) 654-0085 – View Map
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Corpus Christi, insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It also can pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Affordable insurance is out there
We just presented a lot of ways to reduce Chevy Trax insurance premium rates online in Corpus Christi. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Corpus Christi car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with a small mutual company. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Affordable Chevy Trax insurance in Corpus Christi can be found from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not provide rate quotes online and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Additional learning opportunities
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)