Chrysler 300 insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to save on auto insurance rates in Corpus Christi is to do an annual price comparison from providers who provide auto insurance in Texas.
- First, read and learn about auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many risk factors that increase rates like high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives tips to help reduce prices and find hidden discounts.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new company or agent. Immediately upon receiving it, put the certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
One thing to point out is to compare identical coverages on each price quote and and to get rates from every company you can. This ensures a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
A recent study showed that nearly 70% of customers have been with the same company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Texas drivers could save themselves about $1,800 a year just by shopping around, but they underestimate the benefits if they bought a different policy.
Obtaining price quotes for more affordable protection in Corpus Christi is not as time-consuming as you think. Basically, everyone who quotes car insurance most likely will be able to find lower rates. But Texas drivers benefit from understanding the methods companies use to sell online and use this information to your advantage.
Low Cost car insurance in Corpus Christi, TX
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Chrysler 300 coverage analysis
The premium information below showcases detailed analysis of coverage costs for Chrysler 300 models. Having a better understanding of how rate quotes are determined can assist in making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|300 Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$368||$500||$30||$150||$1,282||$107|
|300 Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$368||$500||$30||$150||$1,282||$107|
|300 Touring AWD 4-Dr||$234||$368||$500||$30||$150||$1,282||$107|
|300 S V6 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$368||$500||$30||$150||$1,282||$107|
|300 Touring Signature 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$368||$500||$30||$150||$1,282||$107|
|300 Touring Executive 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$368||$500||$30||$150||$1,282||$107|
|300 Touring Signature AWD 4-Dr||$260||$424||$500||$30||$150||$1,364||$114|
|300 Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$260||$424||$500||$30||$150||$1,364||$114|
|300 C 4-Dr Sedan||$260||$424||$500||$30||$150||$1,364||$114|
|300 S V8 4-Dr Sedan||$260||$424||$500||$30||$150||$1,364||$114|
|300 Limited AWD 4-Dr||$260||$424||$500||$30||$150||$1,364||$114|
|300 C AWD 4-Dr||$260||$424||$500||$30||$150||$1,364||$114|
|300 SRT-8 4-Dr Sedan||$260||$424||$500||$30||$150||$1,364||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can influence coverage rates considerably.
Impact of careless driving on Corpus Christi auto insurance rates
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents increase Chrysler 300 annual premium costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Premiums by gender and age
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Chrysler 300 auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The information is based on no violations or claims, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Chrysler 300 full coverage rates compared to liability only
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Chrysler 300 insurance prices when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. Data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no specific rule for excluding full coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's assume your Chrysler 300 claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it's costing in excess of $400 annually for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but other criteria are less apparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
Physical damage deductibles - Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Chrysler from damage. Some examples of covered claims could be a broken windshield, vandalism, or theft. Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The more the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Where you reside - Choosing to live in less populated areas can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Less people translates into fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers who live in large Texas cities tend to have more traffic problems and more severe claims. Spending more time driving translates into higher accident risk.
Insure car and home with the same company - The majority of insurance companies apply better rates to customers who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it's still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal.
Vehicle theft costs us all - Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent auto theft.
Safer cars cost less to insure - Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates.
What are good liability protection limits? - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance provides coverage in the event that you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. It is affordable coverage compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Insurance loss probability for a Chrysler 300 - Insurers use data from past claims when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that historically have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for coverage.
The information below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Chrysler 300 vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chrysler 300 2WD||115||103||178||134||136||114|
|Chrysler 300 4WD||109||100||206||113||96||104|
|Chrysler 300 HEMI||125||96||225||105||114||117|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts can help save money on Chrysler 300 insurance in Corpus Christi
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there are discounts available that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Sign Early and Save - Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current expiration date. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Data Collection Discounts - Drivers who elect to allow companies to track their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying a new car model can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning a house in Corpus Christi can save you money because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Distant Student - Youth drivers who are attending college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for several vehicles on the same car insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Smart Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. But all discounts will cut your policy cost.
The example below compares Chrysler 300 auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premiums assume a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies who might offer most of these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Double check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Corpus Christi.
Buying from insurance agencies
Many drivers prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get better rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Corpus Christi.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to participating agents in Corpus Christi who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to drive around since price quotes are sent directly to you. You'll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, just visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurance company requires more thought than just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Texas?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
More effort can pay off
Some insurance companies may not have rates over the internet and many times these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agents. Affordable Chrysler 300 insurance in Corpus Christi can be purchased online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture.
When searching for cheaper Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in responding to claim requests or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
More information is available below:
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Corpus Christi Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)