Wish you could get a refund on an expensive auto insurance policy? Don't feel bad because you are not the only one feeling buyer's remorse.
It's well known that insurance companies don't want you quoting rates from other companies. Drivers who compare rates once a year are highly likely to buy a new policy because there is a good probability of finding a more affordable policy. A recent study showed that consumers who compared prices once a year saved about $70 a month compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest price for auto insurance is your target objective, then having some knowledge of how to quote and compare insurance premiums can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage. Big companies like GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive all claim big savings with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to see through the deception and take the time to shop coverage around.
It's important to compare premium rates before your next renewal because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the lowest quotes on Jaguar XK insurance in Corpus Christi at your last renewal other companies may now be cheaper. Don't believe everything you read about XK insurance online but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some solid techniques on how to reduce your auto insurance bill.
Get cheaper Jaguar XK insurance rates in Corpus Christi
Some providers do not list the entire discount list very well, so below is a list some of the best known and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Corpus Christi auto insurance online.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Good Grades Discount - Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Anti-theft System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Corpus Christi auto insurance quote.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Maintaining low annual mileage could earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Clubs and Organizations - Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Corpus Christi can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
Don't be surprised that some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies aren't that generous. But any discount will positively reduce the cost of coverage.
The illustration below shows the difference between Jaguar XK car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The prices are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, multiple autos, multiple policy, and accident-free.
- American Family discounts include bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, and defensive driver.
- AAA may have discounts that include multi-car, education and occupation, anti-theft, multi-policy, and good driver.
- GEICO may offer discounts for air bags, daytime running lights, membership and employees, federal employee, seat belt use, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for age of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, accident-free, location of vehicle, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for switch companies, mature driver, teen driver, multi-car, alternative fuel, youthful driver, and business and professional.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
When getting free Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in every state. If you would like to view companies with the best Jaguar XK insurance discounts in Texas, click here to view.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Texas. To buy the best cheap car insurance in TX, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Analysis of coverages
The information displayed next covers estimates of prices for Jaguar XK models. Being more informed about how insurance rates are formulated can help drivers make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XK Portfolio 2-Dr Coupe||$474||$1180||$392||$24||$118||$2,188||$182|
|XK 2-Dr Coupe||$474||$1180||$392||$24||$118||$2,188||$182|
|XK Portfolio 2-Dr Convertible||$512||$1080||$462||$28||$138||$2,220||$185|
|XK 2-Dr Convertible||$512||$1080||$462||$28||$138||$2,220||$185|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in specific location information which can modify premiums substantially.
The illustration below highlights how deductible choice and can raise or lower Jaguar XK yearly insurance costs for each age group. The rates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The diagram below shows how violations and at-fault accidents can impact Jaguar XK yearly insurance costs for each different age category. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are used when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
The following are some of the factors used by your company to calculate your rate level.
- Lower comp and collision deductibles cost more - Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your Jaguar. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Being married reduces risk - Walking down the aisle may cut your premiums on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature than a single person and it's proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- High insurance claims frequency drives up auto insurance rates - Car insurance companies in Texas provide discounts to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file a lot of claims you can expect higher rates. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
Men pay more for insurance - Over the last 30 years, statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn't prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men are in auto accidents in similar percentages, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are the most expensive to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
The illustration below shows the difference between Jaguar XK car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Drive less and save - The higher the mileage driven each year the more you will pay for auto insurance. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Autos that do not get driven very much get more affordable rates than cars that get driven a lot. It's a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance policy correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money. An improperly rated XK can cost quite a bit.
Experienced drivers pay less - Young drivers in Texas have been known to be easily distracted with other occupants in the car and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, are lower risk to insure, and are safer drivers.
The chart below uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Lower premiums for vehicles with better crash test results - Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims and thus lower rates. If your Jaguar has at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may be receiving a better rate.
Loss statistics for a Jaguar XK - Insurers use claims history to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Models that the statistics show to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The information below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Jaguar XK vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Percentages below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Jaguar XK Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jaguar XK 2dr 167 Jaguar XK Convertible 119BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Independent and exclusive insurance agents
Some people still like to visit with an insurance agent. Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheaper prices and still have a local agent. Buying from local agents is definitely important in Corpus Christi.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to companies in Corpus Christi that provide free Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a reliable agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents in Corpus Christi can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it's a good idea to understand how they differ because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it's a good idea to include price quotes from independent agents to get the best comparison.
Listed below are Corpus Christi independent insurance agencies that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
Fred Roy Insurance
4402 Weber Rd - Corpus Christi, TX 78411 - (361) 854-4847 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents write business for a single company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They usually cannot compare other company's rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Corpus Christi that are able to give price quotes.
Johnnie Bickham - State Farm Insurance Agent
11014 Leopard St - Corpus Christi, TX 78410 - (361) 241-7621 - View Map
Picking the best insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a low price. Before buying a policy in Corpus Christi, get answers to these questions.
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
Upon getting good responses for all questions you ask and cheap XK insurance quotes, it's possible that you found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to service your policy.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Despite the high cost, car insurance is required for several reasons.
First, most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Jaguar XK, most lenders will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Jaguar for a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
Third, insurance protects not only your Jaguar but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Jaguar gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in Texas overpays more than $810 a year so compare rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
How much can you save?
We've covered many ways to save on Jaguar XK insurance in Corpus Christi. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest prices come from the smaller companies. These smaller insurers often have lower rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Some companies don't offer online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agencies. Cheaper car insurance in Corpus Christi can be purchased on the web and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an insured dropped full coverage only to regret they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
How to find cheaper quotes for Jaguar XK insurance in Corpus Christi
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates in Corpus Christi is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies who can sell car insurance in Texas.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how your policy works and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and bad credit can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you enter similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to look at all possible companies. This ensures a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
Much more information about car insurance in Texas is available on the following sites:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)