If online auto insurance comparisons are new to you, chances are good that you are overwhelmed because of the huge number of auto insurance companies competing for business in Corpus Christi.
Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Corpus Christi drivers could save an average of roughly $1,770 each year by just shopping around, but they don’t want to spend time to go online and compare rates.
The best way we recommend to compare rate quotes for Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance in Corpus Christi is to know the trick all the major auto insurance companies allow for online access to give free rates quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide details like if a SR-22 is required, if the vehicle is leased, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, and what your job is. The data is then submitted to multiple different insurance companies and they return quotes within a short period of time.
To check Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance prices now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Corpus Christi.
The following companies can provide price quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some companies don’t list all available discounts very clearly, so we researched some of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies allow discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current i-MiEV insurance policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Paper-free Discount – Some larger companies will give a small break for buying your policy on the internet.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower car insurance rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying coverage for several vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A partial list of companies that may have these money-saving discounts include:
If you need inexpensive Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not apply to policies in every state. If you would like to see a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Texas, click this link.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Corpus Christi, paying for auto insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most banks will make it mandatory that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Mitsubishi at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your Mitsubishi. It also can pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $869 every year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to save money.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- What is no-fault insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Independent versus exclusive car insurance agents
A lot of people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Corpus Christi who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Corpus Christi for you
If you want to use a reliable agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agents may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are exclusive agents in Corpus Christi willing to provide price quotes.
- Randy Ritter – State Farm Insurance Agent
6601 Everhart Rd, Ste H4 – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 851-8611 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Laura Harris
3837 S Padre Island Dr – Corpus Christi, TX 78415 – (361) 985-2875 – View Map
- Gene McWhorter – State Farm Insurance Agent
14101 Northwest Blvd #103 – Corpus Christi, TX 78410 – (361) 767-0750 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured. When comparing rates, you will definitely want to include a few independent agents to get the best comparison. Most independent agents also contract with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Listed below are independent agents in Corpus Christi willing to provide price quote information.
- Star Advantage Insurance Agency
15201 S Padre Island Dr – Corpus Christi, TX 78418 – (361) 949-0396 – View Map
- Tejas Auto Insurance
4701 Ayers St #104 – Corpus Christi, TX 78415 – (361) 814-0030 – View Map
- CMM INSURANCE AGENCY
5009 Kostoryz Rd – Corpus Christi, TX 78415 – (361) 654-0030 – View Map