How long has it been since you shopped around for low-cost Dodge Viper insurance in Corpus Christi? Finding the cheapest insurance for your Dodge Viper in Texas can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to make it easier. There are both good and bad ways to buy car insurance and we’ll show you the proper way to price shop coverage for a Dodge and find the cheapest rates either online or from Corpus Christi insurance agents.
It’s a fact that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who get price comparisons will most likely switch car insurance companies because there is a good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent car insurance study revealed that consumers who regularly compared rates saved $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest rates on auto insurance in Corpus Christi is the reason you’re here, then learning about how to quote and compare insurance coverage can help make the process easier and more efficient.
How to compare free Corpus Christi Dodge Viper insurance price quotes
Lowering your car insurance rates is an easy way to save money. Consumers just need to take a couple of minutes comparing rate quotes from some recommended companies.
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the most competitive price.
Coverage statistics and figures
The rate information shown next covers different insurance policy prices for Dodge Viper models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance rates are established can be valuable when making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Coupe||$662||$1330||$500||$30||$150||$2,672||$223|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Roadster||$662||$1330||$500||$30||$150||$2,672||$223|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can lower or raise coverage prices considerably.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only
The example below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Viper car insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The data is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no clear-cut rule to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Viper settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $200 annually to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Why you need insurance
Even though Corpus Christi Viper insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Viper has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge at a significantly higher premium and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It also can pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Corpus Christi is overpaying more than $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How much auto insurance do I need?
When it comes to buying coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight if you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Insurance coverages explained
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision coverage covers damage to your Viper resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building, backing into a parked car and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible on your Viper to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as theft, damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass, fire damage and vandalism. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses such as funeral costs, prosthetic devices and hospital visits. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Dodge Viper.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (30/60/25 in Texas), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 30/60/25 that means you have $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as structural damage, attorney fees and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Corpus Christi car insurance company ratings
Ending up with the right insurance provider can be challenging considering how many choices drivers have in Texas. The information listed below can help you select which insurers to look at comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
One last note
When getting Corpus Christi car insurance quotes online, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just presented a lot of techniques to reduce Dodge Viper insurance rates online in Corpus Christi. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Corpus Christi car insurance, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Corpus Christi car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like high prices, high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers or unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new auto insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Steps to buying discount Dodge Viper insurance in Corpus Christi
Truthfully, the best way to find affordable Dodge Viper insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from companies who can sell car insurance in Corpus Christi. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a lousy credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources. Find a Corpus Christi insurance agent
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new coverage. Immediately place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
To read more, link through to the resources below:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Forester in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Corpus Christi Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Active Military in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)