If you want to save money, the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Corpus Christi. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about individual coverages and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that increase rates like high-risk driving behaviors and an unacceptable credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies. View a list of agents
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The critical component of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on every price quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Regrettably, a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Corpus Christi insurance shoppers could save an average of nearly 70% each year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand how much savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Corpus Christi is not rocket science. If you are already insured, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper car insurance using these techniques. But Texas vehicle owners benefit from understanding how insurance companies price insurance differently and apply this information to your search.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Corpus Christi
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there are discounts available that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Switch and Save Discount – Select companies give a discount for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Explorer Sport Trac insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with all your vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a class that teaches defensive driving techniques is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts should help lower your insurance premiums.
The information below shows the difference between Ford Explorer Sport Trac premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premiums are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
For a list of insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Corpus Christi, click this link.
All the larger auto insurance companies allow consumers to get prices direct online. Obtaining pricing for Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Corpus Christi is fairly simple as you simply type in the coverages you want as detailed in the form. Once entered, the quote system will obtain your credit score and driving record and returns a price. Quoting online for Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Corpus Christi makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the cheapest possible prices on auto insurance.
To quickly use this form to compare rates, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you input your coverages just like they are on your policy. This guarantees you will get comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. To get the best cheap car insurance in Corpus Christi, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Ford Explorer Sport Trac coverage analysis
The coverage information displayed below showcases estimates of policy rates for Ford Explorer Sport Trac models. Learning a little about how insurance premiums are formulated helps drivers make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 2WD||$144||$236||$392||$24||$118||$914||$76|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 2WD||$166||$236||$392||$24||$118||$936||$78|
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4WD||$166||$236||$392||$24||$118||$936||$78|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4WD||$186||$288||$392||$24||$118||$1,008||$84|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited AWD||$186||$288||$392||$24||$118||$1,008||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in specific Corpus Christi garaging location which can alter rates greatly.
Male drivers compared to female drivers
The example below shows the comparison of Ford Explorer Sport Trac car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
Always remember that when buying the best auto insurance coverage, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you may require specific advice.
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Texas?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local Corpus Christi insurance agency
Some people just want to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information gets sent to participating agents in Corpus Christi that provide free Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes for your business. You don’t have to contact any agents as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Texas?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Are they full-time agents?
Once you have received good responses to all your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you’ve probably found an insurer that meets the requirements to adequately provide insurance.
Corpus Christi auto insurance companies ranked
Finding the best company is hard considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Texas. The ranking data displayed below can help you decide which car insurance companies you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Shop around and save
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
The cheapest Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Corpus Christi can be bought from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Corpus Christi agents, so you need to quote Corpus Christi auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not offer price quotes online and these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agents.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can save on Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Corpus Christi. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with an unexpected company.
Additional detailed information is available by following these links:
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Corpus Christi Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)