If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get cheaper Mazda CX-5 insurance is to regularly compare prices from companies that sell auto insurance in Corpus Christi. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about how your policy works and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like inattentive driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if cheaper CX-5 coverage is available. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for your new coverage. Once the application is submitted, put the new certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
Amazingly, over 70% of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Drivers in Texas could cut their rates by roughly $1,766 a year, but they underestimate the benefits if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Comparing quotes for the most affordable car insurance policy in Corpus Christi is actually quite simple. If you are already insured or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these tips to lower your rates and possibly find even better coverage. Drivers just have to learn the most efficient way to compare company rates from multiple carriers.
Smart Buyers Save More
Lots of things are used when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
Listed below are some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into your rate level.
Occupation impacts rates – Occupations like judges, architects, and emergency personnel have the highest average rates because of high stress and long work days. On the other hand, jobs such as professors, historians and retirees have lower than average premiums.
Driving citations are costly – Drivers with clean records have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Having just one moving violation can boost insurance rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have received severe citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Costs can change based on your address – Choosing to live in a small town is a positive aspect when buying auto insurance. Lower population means less chance of accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. City drivers have more aggressive driving styles and more time behind the wheel. Higher commute times means more chance of being in an accident.
Cheaper rates after marriage – Having a significant other can actually save you money when shopping for auto insurance. It is viewed as being less irresponsible and insurance companies like that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Lower rates by increasing deductibles – Physical damage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. Protection for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Cheaper rates for prior coverage – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a fast way to pay more for auto insurance. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage may result in fines and jail time.
Safeguard your assets with liability – The liability coverage on your policy is the protection in the event that a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. It provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance level of the vehicle you own makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. Smaller low performance passenger vehicles normally have pretty low rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Mazda CX-5 claim data – Insurers use claims history when they file their rates in each state. Models that tend to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Mazda CX-5 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Specific Mazda Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Mazda CX-5 4dr 2WD||66||88||85||79||83||76|
|Mazda CX-5 4dr 4WD||71||83||102||79||74||72|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Mazda CX-5 insurance in Corpus Christi
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list all their discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Corpus Christi auto insurance online.
- Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get slightly better rates than normal.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents get the best insurance rates as compared to bad drivers.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less since newer models are generally safer.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Responsible Drivers – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get lower premium rates.
- Data Collection Discounts – People who choose to allow driving data collection to look at vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer online Mazda CX-5 insurance quotes in Corpus Christi, click here to view.
Best auto insurance in Texas
Choosing the highest-rated insurance company is hard considering how many companies sell insurance in Texas. The ranking information displayed below could help you decide which coverage providers you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Shop smart and save
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions or even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
When searching for the cheapest Mazda CX-5 rate quotes, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheap Mazda CX-5 insurance in Corpus Christi is attainable from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not provide internet price quotes and many times these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)