Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. People who compare rates at least once a year will, in all likelihood, buy a different policy because there is a great chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent car insurance study discovered that people who make a habit of shopping around saved over $850 each year compared to those who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest rates on auto insurance in Corpus Christi is your ultimate target, knowing how to quote and compare coverages can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
The preferred way to get discount car insurance rates in Corpus Christi is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Texas.
First, learn about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like inattentive driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for more ideas to help reduce premium rates and get bigger discounts.
Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies. Begin your rate comparison
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Ion insurance in Corpus Christi. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel the current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new insurer. Once received, place your new certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Locating the best rates in Corpus Christi is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. If you have a current insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your rates using the techniques covered below. Vehicle owners just need to understand the proper methods to compare company rates using one simple form.
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
These discounts can lower Saturn Ion insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every discount they offer very clearly, so the list below contains some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Club Memberships – Joining certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your policy.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow data collection to monitor driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Saturn may allow you to get lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
Some of the insurance companies that may include most of these discounts possibly include:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Corpus Christi. To see companies that offer some of these discounts in Texas, click here.
How Your Ion Insurance Costs are Determined
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you better car insurance rates. Multiple criteria are used when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less apparent like where you live or your commute time.
- Lower miles driven equals lower premium – Driving a lot of miles annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how much you drive. Vehicles not used for work or commuting can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having the wrong rating on your Ion is throwing money out the window. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy correctly shows how each vehicle is driven.
- Which gender costs less? – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are worse drivers. Women and men tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Young males tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
- Certain jobs pay higher rates – Do you work in a high-stress field? Careers such as real estate brokers, social workers, and financial analysts are shown to have higher premium rates because of intense work requirements and long work days. Conversely, jobs such as scientists, students and retirees have the lowest average rates.
- Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Lots of insurers give better rates for people that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten percent or more. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.There is a chance you can find better rates even if you insure with multiple companies
- Premiums are high for teenagers – Teen drivers in Texas are statistically proven to get distracted easily when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates. Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you – Insurance companies have many add-on coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. They may seem like a good idea at first, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Insurance agent or online?
Some people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Most agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents in Corpus Christi that can provide free Corpus Christi car insurance quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company shouldn’t rely on just the price. Any good agent in Corpus Christi should know the answers to these questions.
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Corpus Christi?
What types of car insurance agents are in Corpus Christi?
When narrowing the list to find an insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Corpus Christi are categorized either exclusive or independent. Both sell insurance policies, but it’s worth learning why they differ because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. They are trained well on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below are Corpus Christi exclusive agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured.
When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to get quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Corpus Christi willing to provide price quote information.
Fred Roy Insurance
4402 Weber Rd – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 854-4847 – View Map
One last thing about your coverage
We covered many ways to shop for Saturn Ion insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting low cost Corpus Christi car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies often have lower rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
When searching for cheaper Corpus Christi car insurance quotes, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, someone dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Even more information can be read by following these links:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Corpus Christi Auto Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Business Use in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)