Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that over 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. With the average premium in Texas being $2,700, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the actual amount they would save if they switched.
The most effective way to find affordable quotes for Kia Borrego insurance in Corpus Christi is to compare quotes once a year from insurers in Texas.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unacceptable credit history can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Borrego coverage is available in Corpus Christi. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application to your new agent or company. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep the new certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The critical component of shopping around is to try to use identical coverages on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Cheapest car insurance in Corpus Christi, TX
The car insurance companies shown below provide free quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. To get the best auto insurance in Corpus Christi, we suggest you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Kia Borrego insurance in Corpus Christi
Some insurers don’t always list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so below is a list both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles with the same insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Corpus Christi Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Corpus Christi may trigger a policy discount on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow driving data collection to track driving manner through the use of a telematics system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your bill.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive a slight reduction on a Corpus Christi car insurance quote.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger online companies provide a small discount simply for signing online.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will definitely reduce your policy cost.
Some companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts are:
If you are trying to find low cost Corpus Christi car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in Corpus Christi.
Corpus Christi Insurance Premiums are Influenced by These Factors
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the rating factors that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower auto insurance prices. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although others are less obvious such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
Shown below are some of the items used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Liability coverage preserves assets – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if a court rules you are at fault for an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Raising coverage deductibles lowers costs – Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your Kia. A few examples of covered claims would be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and damage from a fallen tree branch. The deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Gender and car insurance prices – Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn’t mean females are better at driving than males. Men and women have auto accidents in similar percentages, but guys tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get higher numbers of serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Teenage male drivers cause the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Stay claim-free and lower premiums – If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Texas give the lowest premiums to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Get better prices if you’re married – Getting married actually saves money compared to being single. Marriage means you’re more mature it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Auto insurance policy lapses lead to higher rates – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a misdemeanor and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in fines and jail time. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the Texas motor vehicle department.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Corpus Christi auto insurance agents?
Some people just want to go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Professional insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get lower rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Corpus Christi who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good company requires you to look at more than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- How are they compensated?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you want a local Corpus Christi insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s important to point out the differences since it can affect buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company such as Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are well schooled on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are Corpus Christi exclusive insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rate quotes, you should always get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Corpus Christi willing to provide rate quotes.
Fred Roy Insurance
4402 Weber Rd – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 854-4847 – View Map
Don’t give up on cheap premiums
We just presented some good ideas how you can reduce Kia Borrego insurance prices online in Corpus Christi. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with an unexpected company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When getting Corpus Christi car insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Forester in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Corpus Christi Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Corpus Christi Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Veterans in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)