It’s astonishing, but most insurance policyholders have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Many drivers in Texas could save about $1,770 every year, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get affordable Kia Sedona insurance is to annually compare prices from providers who sell insurance in Corpus Christi. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about policy coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many factors that result in higher prices such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a bad credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. View insurance agents
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new coverage. Don’t forget to safely store the certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
How to get Corpus Christi Kia Sedona insurance quotes
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is not a difficult process. You just have to take the time to compare rates to see which company has affordable Kia Sedona insurance quotes.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Corpus Christi, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Sedona in Corpus Christi, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most banks will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Kia at a much higher rate and make you pay for it.
- Insurance preserves both your Kia Sedona and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Kia Sedona insurance coverage information
The rate table below outlines detailed analysis of coverage prices for Kia Sedona models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance rates are figured can assist in making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location information which can lower or raise rates considerably.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Kia Sedona insurance premiums with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premiums assume no claims, a clean driving record, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no definitive guideline of when to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Kia Sedona book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $600 annually for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Corpus Christi insurance discounts for a Kia Sedona
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may find discounts that you may not even know about. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Corpus Christi auto insurance quote.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get better auto insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all auto insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better premium rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Early Signing – Select insurance companies give a discount for buying a new policy early. Ten percent is about the average savings.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
The diagram below shows the difference between Kia Sedona insurance premiums with and without discounts. The prices are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
Larger auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm includes discounts for good student, passive restraint, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, and driver’s education.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including electronic funds transfer, teen driver, switch companies, alternative fuel, youthful driver, good student, and early shopping.
- GEICO has discounts for membership and employees, daytime running lights, air bags, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, federal employee, and multi-policy.
- American Family has savings for mySafetyValet, air bags, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, and early bird.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, and easy pay.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area.
Compare prices but still have a neighborhood Corpus Christi auto insurance agent
Some consumers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Corpus Christi who want to provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an provider should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- How long has their agency been open in Corpus Christi?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Texas?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Corpus Christi?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
When researching a local Corpus Christi insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agencies can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s worth learning why they differ since it could factor into buying decisions.
These type of agents can only place business with one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand name rather than low rates.
Below are Corpus Christi exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Jennifer Tennill
1145 Waldron Rd – Corpus Christi, TX 78418 – (361) 939-7300 – View Map
- Felix Pena – State Farm Insurance Agent
5718 McArdle Rd #105 – Corpus Christi, TX 78412 – (361) 992-7760 – View Map
- Johnnie Bickham – State Farm Insurance Agent
11014 Leopard St – Corpus Christi, TX 78410 – (361) 241-7621 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get quotes from several independent agencies to maximize your price options. Most also have access to smaller companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Shown below are Corpus Christi independent agents that are able to give price quote information.
- Heavin and Associates Insurance Agency
4717 Gollihar Rd – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 852-8005 – View Map
- Tejas Auto Insurance
4701 Ayers St #104 – Corpus Christi, TX 78415 – (361) 814-0030 – View Map
- CMM Insurance
1901 Baldwin Blvd # C – Corpus Christi, TX 78404 – (361) 654-0085 – View Map
One last thing about your coverage
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, high prices, unfair underwriting practices or questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is less work than it seems.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an insured cut physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
You just learned a lot of tips how to get a better price on Kia Sedona insurance in Corpus Christi. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates are with a small local company.
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Corpus Christi Auto Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for High School Students in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)