Do you think you bought high-priced Lexus GS 350 insurance in Corpus Christi? Believe me when I say many Corpus Christi consumers feel financially strained by their car insurance policy.
A recent car insurance study revealed that most consumers in Texas have remained with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Many consumers in the U.S. could save approximately $859 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to find affordable insurance by shopping around. Big-name insurance companies like Allstate, Progressive and GEICO continually bombard you with fancy advertisements and it is challenging if not impossible to separate fact from fiction and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s a good habit to quote other rates before your next renewal because car insurance rates change frequently. If you had the best premium rates on Lexus GS 350 insurance in Corpus Christi last year other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out the best methods to get good coverage on Lexus GS 350 insurance in Corpus Christi at a lower rate.
If you are already insured or need new coverage, use these money-saving tips to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Corpus Christi is much easier if you know where to start. Vehicle owners just have to use the fastest way to get comparison quotes from many different companies.
Lexus GS 350 insurance analysis
The rate table displayed next showcases different policy rates for Lexus GS 350 models. Having a good grasp of how prices are determined can help guide drivers when making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|GS 350 AWD||$286||$602||$340||$20||$102||$1,350||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase premiums significantly.
Impact of citations and accidents on Corpus Christi insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates how speeding tickets and accidents can drive up Lexus GS 350 insurance premiums for each different age group. The data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The chart below illustrates the difference between Lexus GS 350 car insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The information is based on no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no specific rule for eliminating physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s say your Lexus GS 350 settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Verify you’re receiving every discount
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be significant discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but some need to be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Student in College – Older children living away from Corpus Christi attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but certain companies will let one accident slide without raising rates if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Driver Safety – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Lexus GS 350 insurance rates in Corpus Christi.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Lexus GS 350 premium costs with and without discounts. The costs are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, multi-car, IntelliDrive, student away at school, and new car.
- 21st Century may include discounts for 55 and older, air bags, homeowners, good student, and student driver.
- State Farm has savings for good student, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, student away at school, and multiple autos.
- GEICO discounts include membership and employees, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, air bags, and good student.
- SAFECO has discounts for homeowner, anti-theft, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, drive less, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA offers discounts including AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good driver, good student, and anti-theft.
When getting free Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not be available in your state. To choose auto insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Texas, click here.
Car insurance coverage breakdown
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Car insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as fire damage, hail damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane and vandalism. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property. It protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 30/60/25 which stand for $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $60,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like pain and suffering, emergency aid, bail bonds and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not provide you with enough coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your GS 350 from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door, hitting a mailbox, sustaining damage from a pot hole and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible on your GS 350 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for bills for doctor visits, dental work, nursing services, pain medications and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Lexus GS 350.
Since many Texas drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (30/60/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Find affordable insurance prices by comparing often
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to compare Lexus GS 350 insurance car insurance rates in Corpus Christi. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Lexus GS 350 insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers often have lower premium rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
When searching for inexpensive Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
How to find discount Lexus GS 350 insurance in Corpus Christi
To save the most money, the best way to get more affordable Lexus GS 350 insurance in Corpus Christi is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Texas.
- Spend some time learning about the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many risk factors that drive up the price like traffic citations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Tell your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new coverage. Don’t forget to safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)