A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that almost 70% of drivers have been with the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $2,679, Texas drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes.
The best way to find discount auto insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies in Corpus Christi. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about coverages and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many factors that increase rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a low credit score can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new coverage. Be sure to place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to compare all possible companies. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
If you have auto insurance now, you should be able to lower your rates using the concepts covered in this article. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Corpus Christi is really quite easy. Although Texas car owners benefit from understanding the way companies charge you for coverage and apply this information to your search.
When comparison shopping, comparing all the rates in your area increases your odds of finding more affordable rates. Some smaller insurers do not give online rate quotes, so it’s important to also get rates from them, too.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Texas. To buy cheap car insurance in Corpus Christi, TX, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Three reasons to insure your Lexus vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Lexus GS F, almost every bank will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lexus at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America overpays more than $810 a year so shop around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Corpus Christi Insurance Prices are Influenced by These Factors
Many different elements are considered when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but some are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
- Tickets increase prices – Your driving citation history impacts premiums far more than you think. Getting just one moving violation may increase your cost substantially. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. Drivers with multiple tickets such as DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Are women or men drivers cheaper? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men get in fender benders in similar numbers, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. They also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are most likely to cause an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
- Where you live factors in – Choosing to live in a rural area may provide you with better prices if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims. Residents of big cities have to deal with much more traffic and much longer commute distances. Higher commute times means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The type of car you drive makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest rates are usually found on the lowest performance passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Fewer miles means better premiums – The more you drive each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Many insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Vehicles not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. Make sure your declarations sheet is rated on the proper vehicle usage. A policy that improperly rates your GS F is throwing money out the window.
- Vocation reflects on prices – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs such as fire fighters, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us attributed to intense work situations and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, jobs such as farmers, engineers and retirees pay the least.
- Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles reduce injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If the Lexus GS F earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- Limits of liability coverage – The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection if ever a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Best car insurance company in Corpus Christi
Ending up with a highly-rated company can be a challenge considering how many companies there are in Texas. The information below may help you decide which car insurance companies to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Budget-conscious Lexus GS F insurance is attainable on the web and from local insurance agents, so get free Corpus Christi car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
As you quote Corpus Christi car insurance, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
More information is available below:
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Corpus Christi Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Corpus Christi Auto Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)