If you want to save the most money, the best way to get budget car insurance rates in Corpus Christi is to start comparing rates regularly from providers in Texas.
- Read about how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like careless driving and poor credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Corpus Christi. If you find better rates, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit a completed application and payment for the new policy. As soon as you receive it, put the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is to use the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
Amazingly, the majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Consumers in Texas can cut their rates by up to 70% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they think it’s difficult to find lower-cost insurance rates.
The quickest way to compare rates for Lexus IS 250 insurance in Corpus Christi utilizes the fact almost all companies allow for online access to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is give them rating details such as how old drivers are, how much education you have, how much coverage you want, and your general credit rating. Those rating factors gets sent immediately to many different companies and they provide comparison quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To find lower cheap Lexus IS 250 insurance rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Corpus Christi, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lexus IS 250 coverage statistics
The rate table shown below covers different insurance costs for Lexus IS 250 models. Having knowledge of how insurance quotes are formulated can be of help when making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|IS 250 4-Dr Sedan||$158||$352||$304||$18||$92||$924||$77|
|IS 250 AWD 4-Dr||$176||$352||$304||$18||$92||$942||$79|
|IS 250 C 2-Dr Convertible||$176||$352||$358||$22||$108||$1,016||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in specific zip code location which can lower or raise price quotes greatly.
Safe drivers pay less for auto insurance
The illustration below shows how speeding tickets and accidents can affect Lexus IS 250 insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Lexus IS 250 insurance rates by gender in Corpus Christi
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Lexus IS 250 premium costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Lexus IS 250 auto insurance costs with and without full coverage. The data assumes no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no set rule to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Lexus IS 250 replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $400 a year to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage in place.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in Texas is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Lexus IS 250 insurance, maintaining insurance is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Lexus, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Lexus at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Texas overpays as much as $869 every year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Educated Choices Result in Lower Insurance Prices
Lots of things are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, although others are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
- Keep insurance claims to a minimum – If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Car insurance companies in Texas award most affordable rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- Auto insurance policy lapses increase auto insurance rates – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse will be a sure-fire way to increase your auto insurance rates. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Only buy coverage you need – Policies have extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying on your auto insurance policy. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing when discussing your needs, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- You may save more by consolidating policies – Some auto insurance companies afford better rates to policyholders that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to compare Lexus IS 250 rates in Corpus Christi to guarantee you are still saving the most. Consumers may save money by buying auto insurance from a different company.
- Raising deductibles lowers rates – Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are required to pay in the event of a claim. Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a windshield broken by a bird, animal collisions, and damage caused by road hazards. The larger the amount the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Does your occupation raise your rates? – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupations such as doctors, executives, and emergency personnel have the highest average rates because of intense work-related stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, occupations such as professors, engineers and performers pay the least.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a significant other helps lower the price when shopping for auto insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being more financially stable it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Lower prices with alarms and GPS tracking – Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent car theft.
Lexus IS 250 historical loss data – Insurers study historical loss data to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Models that the data determines to have higher loss trends will have a higher cost to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Lexus IS 250 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values over 100 point to more losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Lexus IS 250 Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lexus IS 250 4dr 2WD 179 103 177 116 146 115 Lexus IS 250 4dr 4WD 177 87 186 118 Lexus IS 250 Convertible 135 80 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don’t overlook these Lexus IS 250 insurance discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Memberships – Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on auto insurance.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Corpus Christi car insurance quote.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Corpus Christi and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money since newer models are generally safer.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
The diagram below compares Lexus IS 250 car insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The data is based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm discounts include driver’s education, passive restraint, multiple policy, good student, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple autos.
- GEICO includes discounts for air bags, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, military active duty, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, and membership and employees.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for good student, multi-policy, newly retired, new vehicle discount, and new move discount.
- The Hartford offers discounts including defensive driver, good student, vehicle fuel type, bundle, driver training, and anti-theft.
- MetLife may include discounts for defensive driver, multi-policy, good student, claim-free, and accident-free.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, and homeowner.
When quoting, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Corpus Christi. If you would like to view auto insurance companies who offer free Lexus IS 250 insurance quotes in Texas, click here to view.
What if I want to buy from local Corpus Christi auto insurance agents?
Some people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Professional insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to agents in your area that can give you free Corpus Christi car insurance quotes for your business. You never need to find an agent because prices are sent to you directly. If you wish to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an insurance company should depend on more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
After receiving acceptable answers to your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you may have found an insurance company that can be trusted to provide auto insurance coverage.
Find cheap rates by comparing often
Lower-priced auto insurance in Corpus Christi is attainable from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so get free Corpus Christi car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers don’t offer price quotes online and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
We just showed you many ideas to compare Lexus IS 250 insurance rates in Corpus Christi. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
Additional detailed information is located at these sites:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)