Want to learn how to buy more competitive Lincoln MKC insurance in Corpus Christi? Have you had enough of not being able to scrape enough together to pay insurance each month? You’re in the same situation as many other drivers in Texas.
Amazingly, almost 70% of insureds in Texas kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. American drivers can cut their rates by roughly $859 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don’t grasp the big savings they would realize if they switched.
Drivers have so many insurance companies to choose from, and even though it’s nice to have a choice, it can be more difficult to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
It’s a good habit to quote other rates once or twice a year because insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you had the lowest rates on Lincoln MKC insurance in Corpus Christi last year you can probably find a better rate quote now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re going to learn the proper way to find lower rates on insurance.
Buying affordable auto insurance in Corpus Christi is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you have a policy now, you should be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the concepts covered in this article. But Texas vehicle owners must understand the way companies determine how much to charge and use this information to your advantage.
Companies offering Lincoln MKC insurance in Corpus Christi
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Texas. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Corpus Christi, TX, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
Get cheaper Lincoln MKC insurance in Corpus Christi with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all discounts very clearly, so the following list contains some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Driver Safety – Taking a class that teaches driver safety techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO permit an accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will lower the amount you have to pay.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including passive restraint, multiple autos, multiple policy, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good driver.
- GEICO has savings for multi-vehicle, seat belt use, defensive driver, federal employee, driver training, emergency military deployment, and daytime running lights.
- Allstate may offer discounts for early signing, senior citizen, anti-theft, teenSMART discount, economy car, FullPay discount, and EZ pay plan discount.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, multi-car, drive less, teen safe driver, and safe driver.
- Farm Bureau discounts include 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, safe driver, good student, driver training, and youthful driver.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and good student.
- AAA offers discounts including anti-theft, good driver, education and occupation, good student, and pay-in-full.
Before buying, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. Savings may not apply to policyholders in Corpus Christi. To see a list of insurers who offer free Lincoln MKC insurance quotes in Texas, follow this link.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Certain consumers still prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this simple form, your information is sent to local insurance agents in Corpus Christi who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
When finding a reputable agency, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they work. Insurance agencies in Corpus Christi are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are trained well in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Corpus Christi who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below are Corpus Christi independent insurance agencies that can give you rate quotes.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When it comes to the best car insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your car insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Auto insurance coverage considerations
Learning about specific coverages of auto insurance can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverage types available from auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like hitting a bird, damage from getting keyed and damage from flooding. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Lincoln MKC.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
This coverage pays for damage to your MKC resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like rolling your car, sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with a tree, hitting a parking meter and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your MKC to get cheaper collision coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses such as X-ray expenses, dental work, nursing services, rehabilitation expenses and EMT expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 30/60/25 which means $30,000 bodily injury coverage, $60,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things such as emergency aid, repair costs for stationary objects and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Some companies don’t offer rates over the internet and usually these regional carriers work with independent insurance agents. Lower-priced car insurance in Corpus Christi can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents in Corpus Christi, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
How to find affordable Lincoln MKC insurance in Corpus Christi
The best way to get more affordable Lincoln MKC insurance in Corpus Christi is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers in Texas. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Try to comprehend what is in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many things that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents and a negative credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper MKC coverage is available in Corpus Christi. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A good tip to remember is to try to use identical coverages on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
Even more information can be found in these articles:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Corpus Christi Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for High School Students in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)