If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find discount Mercury Montego insurance in Corpus Christi is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers who provide auto insurance in Texas.
First, learn about how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that increase rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Montego coverage is available. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new insurance company. Don’t forget to put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s a known fact that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest price are inclined to buy a new policy because of the high probability of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A study discovered that drivers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved over $3,500 over four years compared to people who never compared other company’s rates.
If saving the most money on auto insurance is the reason you’re reading this, understanding how to get price quotes and compare car insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Insurance rates and discounts
Insurance is expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive better insurance rates.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home at college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers pay much less in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new Montego may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for newer models.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
The best insurance companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- American Family has savings for accident-free, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, and air bags.
- Nationwide may include discounts for anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, easy pay, and defensive driving.
- MetLife may have discounts that include defensive driver, multi-policy, accident-free, claim-free, good driver, and good student.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, driver training, homeowners, defensive driver, automatic seat belts, teen driver, and theft prevention.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including distant student, pay in full, homeowner, youthful driver, switch companies, and early shopping.
- Allstate includes discounts for new car, safe driver, premier discount, EZ pay plan discount, and eSmart discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not be available in your area. To choose insurers who offer free Mercury Montego insurance quotes in Texas, click this link.
Keep in mind that getting more free quotes increases the chance that you will find lower pricing. Not every company provides online rate quotes, so it’s important to also get quotes from those companies as well.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in Corpus Christi, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
When to get professional advice
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Texas?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Does my Mercury Montego need full coverage?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Insurance agents near you
Many drivers just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is that you can find cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents in Corpus Christi that provide free Corpus Christi car insurance quotes for your business. There is no reason to contact an agency because prices are sent directly to you. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best insurer is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Corpus Christi should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Which family members are covered?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How long has their agency been in business in Corpus Christi?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
When researching a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agencies are considered either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Corpus Christi who can help you get price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Donald Morrison
4535 S Padre Island Dr Ste 37 – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 854-2383 – View Map
- Joely DelVecchio – State Farm Insurance Agent
525 Glazebrook St c – Corpus Christi, TX 78404 – (361) 906-2886 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Stephanie Waterman
5433 S Staples St, Ste P3 – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 906-9400 – View Map
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance prices, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from a few independent agents to maximize your price options. Many independent agencies also insure through different regional companies which can save you money.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Corpus Christi willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Keetch and Associates Insurance
1718 Santa Fe St – Corpus Christi, TX 78404 – (361) 883-3803 – View Map
- CMM INSURANCE AGENCY
5009 Kostoryz Rd – Corpus Christi, TX 78415 – (361) 654-0030 – View Map
- Crawford Insurance
5262 S Staples St # 300 – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 654-2788 – View Map
Upon receiving positive responses to any questions you have and the cheapest Mercury Montego insurance in Corpus Christi quotes, most likely you have located an insurance agency that can properly service your car insurance policy. Just remember you can always terminate your policy when you choose so don’t think you’re contractually obligated to any specific company with no way to switch.
Corpus Christi auto insurance companies ranked
Ending up with a good quality car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in Texas. The rank data displayed below may help you choose which car insurance providers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Find cheap rates by being thorough
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to compare Mercury Montego insurance premium rates in Corpus Christi. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers or even unfair underwriting practices. Whatever your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is actually quite simple.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Corpus Christi Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Corpus Christi Auto Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Corpus Christi Car Insurance for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)