It's easy to assume that insurance companies don't want you to compare rates. Insureds who shop for lower prices are very likely to buy a new policy because of the high probability of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey found that people who make a habit of shopping around saved on average $865 a year compared to drivers who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price on car insurance in Corpus Christi is why you're here, knowing the best way to compare cheaper coverage can help you be more efficient.
To save the most money, the best way to find better pricing on Mercury Sable insurance in Corpus Christi is to compare prices annually from providers in Texas. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn a little about auto insurance and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many risk factors that cause high rates like traffic violations and a low credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for additional ideas to help find cheaper rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Sable coverage is available. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed application and payment for the new policy. Be sure to put the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is to use identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the ideas you're about to read. Finding affordable coverage in Corpus Christi can be made easier if you know where to look. Nevertheless, Texas car owners do need to learn how big insurance companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Discount Corpus Christi insurance rates
Some providers don't always publicize all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both the well known and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Corpus Christi auto insurance online.
- Accident Waiver - Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven't had any claims before the accident.
- Early Switch Discount - A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching companies prior to your current Sable insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Student Discounts - Being a good student may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Keeping the miles down on your Mercury could earn cheaper insurance rates.
- Payment Discounts - By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Government Employee Discount - Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Resident Student - Older children living away from Corpus Christi attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Passive Restraints - Options like air bags may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, driver training, renewal discount, youthful driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- MetLife includes discounts for good student, accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, and claim-free.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-policy, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, and education and occupation.
- American Family has discounts for good driver, accident-free, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, and defensive driver.
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, federal employee, multi-policy, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, and membership and employees.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple policy, good student, student away at school, anti-theft, defensive driving training, accident-free, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company to give you their best rates. Savings might not apply in your area.
When comparison shopping, comparing a large number of companies helps improve the odds of finding more affordable rates.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Texas. To buy cheap car insurance in Corpus Christi, TX, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Insurance Rate Influencing Factors
When buying auto insurance it's important to understand the factors that aid in calculating auto insurance rates. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with cheaper rates.
- Men pay higher prices - The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn't mean women are BETTER drivers than men. They both are responsible for fender benders at about the same rate, but men tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Young males are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Pay less if you're married - Your spouse helps lower the price on auto insurance. It usually means you are less irresponsible and insurance companies like that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Costs are impacted by vehicle performance - The type of car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in determining your rates. The cheapest rates are usually found on low performance passenger models, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money - Most larger companies will award discounts for people who carry more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, you still need to compare other Corpus Christi Sable insurance rates to guarantee you are still saving the most. Consumers may save even more by insuring with multiple companies.
- Teenagers are high risk - Teenage drivers in Texas are statistically proven to be more careless behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Older people are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Some people prefer to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended A nice benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Corpus Christi.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents that provide free Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you would need to visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Corpus Christi car insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
When researching an insurance agent, you should know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Corpus Christi can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage through many different car insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you definitely need to include rate quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Featured below are Corpus Christi independent agencies who can help you get pricing information.
1901 Baldwin Blvd # C - Corpus Christi, TX 78404 - (361) 654-0085 - View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and examples are Allstate and State Farm. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their company's products which can be an advantage.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Corpus Christi willing to provide comparison quotes.
Picking the best auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
Upon receiving good responses for all questions you ask as well as an affordable premium quote, it's possible that you found an insurance agency that meets your needs to provide car insurance coverage.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Mercury Sable in Corpus Christi, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Sable with a loan, more than likely the lender will require you to carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Mercury for a much higher rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Mercury Sable but also your financial assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so it's recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
More comparisons equals affordable rates
A few companies may not have price quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agencies. Lower-priced car insurance in Corpus Christi can be sourced both online in addition to many Corpus Christi insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
As you shop your coverage around, it's very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Malibu in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Single Moms in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)