It’s a fact that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest rate are likely to switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding a lower rate. A recent auto insurance study revealed that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved $3,450 over four years compared to those who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on car insurance is your target objective, then having an understanding of the best way to compare car insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
Really, the only way to find lower priced car insurance rates in Corpus Christi is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Texas.
Step 1: Get an understanding of how your policy works and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many factors that cause rate increases such as traffic violations and a bad credit rating can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for additional tips to lower rates and find possible discounts that are available.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Corpus Christi. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A good tip to remember is to compare the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to compare as many carriers as you can. This provides a level playing field and the best price selection.
How do Insurers Determine Nissan Titan Insurance Prices?
Lots of things are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but others are more obscure like where you live or how financially stable you are.
- Don’t skimp on liability – The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage when a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. This coverage provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- More traffic means higher claims – Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect when talking about insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means less chance of accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers who live in large Texas cities have traffic congestion and higher rates of accident claims. Higher commute times means more chance of being in an accident.
- Cheaper rates for prior coverage – Not maintaining insurance is against the law and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance coverage expire. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in fines and jail time.
Driver age impacts costs – More experienced drivers are more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are safer drivers. Beginning drivers are known to get distracted easily behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates.
The following chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Higher prices for high stress vocations – Occupational choices like doctors, architects, and miners are shown to have higher rates than average in part from job stress and long work hours. On the flip side, jobs like scientists, athletes and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed when buying insurance. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, towing, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. They may seem good when buying your policy, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Insurance loss probability for a Nissan Titan – Insurance companies use data from past claims to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that tend to have a trend towards higher claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Nissan Titan vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is equal to 100. Values under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Nissan Titan Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Titan Crew Cab 2WD 95 127 120 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4WD 95 137 109 77 99 108 Nissan Titan Ext Cab 2WD 117 111 Nissan Titan Ext Cab 4WD 106 107BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
The quickest way to get rate comparisons for Nissan Titan insurance in Corpus Christi is to know the trick car insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with a free rate quote. To get started, all you need to do is provide a small amount of information like level of coverage desired, what your job is, if you require a SR-22, and the make and model of your vehicles. That information is then submitted to multiple different insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes with very little delay.
To compare multiple company lower-cost Nissan Titan insurance rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The car insurance companies shown below provide quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. To get the best cheap car insurance in Corpus Christi, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Insurance coverage analysis
The data table shown next outlines different coverage costs for Nissan Titan models. Having insight into how insurance prices are figured is important for making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Titan XE King Cab 4WD||$156||$322||$430||$26||$128||$1,062||$89|
|Titan XE King Cab 2WD||$176||$322||$538||$32||$162||$1,230||$103|
|Titan XE Crew Cab 4WD||$176||$322||$430||$26||$128||$1,082||$90|
|Titan SE King Cab 4WD||$176||$322||$430||$26||$128||$1,082||$90|
|Titan XE Crew Cab 2WD||$176||$322||$538||$32||$162||$1,230||$103|
|Titan SE King Cab 2WD||$176||$322||$538||$32||$162||$1,230||$103|
|Titan SE Crew Cab 4WD||$176||$378||$430||$26||$128||$1,138||$95|
|Titan Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$176||$378||$430||$26||$128||$1,138||$95|
|Titan SE Crew Cab 2WD||$176||$378||$538||$32||$162||$1,286||$107|
|Titan Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$176||$378||$430||$26||$128||$1,138||$95|
|Titan LE Crew Cab 4WD||$176||$378||$430||$26||$128||$1,138||$95|
|Titan LE Crew Cab 2WD||$196||$378||$538||$32||$162||$1,306||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in vehicle location which can raise or lower coverage rates substantially.
A question often asked by Corpus Christi drivers is which deductibles should you choose. The tables below may aid in understanding how much more rates are when you choose different insurance deductibles. The first table uses a $250 physical damage coverage deductible and the second set of rates uses a $1,000 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Titan XE King Cab 4WD||$294||$496||$382||$22||$114||$1,333||$111|
|Titan XE King Cab 2WD||$332||$496||$476||$28||$142||$1,499||$125|
|Titan XE Crew Cab 4WD||$332||$496||$382||$22||$114||$1,371||$114|
|Titan SE King Cab 4WD||$332||$496||$382||$22||$114||$1,371||$114|
|Titan XE Crew Cab 2WD||$332||$496||$476||$28||$142||$1,499||$125|
|Titan SE King Cab 2WD||$332||$496||$476||$28||$142||$1,499||$125|
|Titan SE Crew Cab 4WD||$332||$584||$382||$22||$114||$1,459||$122|
|Titan Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$332||$584||$382||$22||$114||$1,459||$122|
|Titan SE Crew Cab 2WD||$332||$584||$476||$28||$142||$1,587||$132|
|Titan Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$332||$584||$382||$22||$114||$1,459||$122|
|Titan LE Crew Cab 4WD||$332||$584||$382||$22||$114||$1,459||$122|
|Titan LE Crew Cab 2WD||$370||$584||$476||$28||$142||$1,625||$135|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Titan XE King Cab 4WD||$182||$312||$382||$22||$114||$1,012||$84|
|Titan XE King Cab 2WD||$206||$312||$476||$28||$142||$1,164||$97|
|Titan XE Crew Cab 4WD||$206||$312||$382||$22||$114||$1,036||$86|
|Titan SE King Cab 4WD||$206||$312||$382||$22||$114||$1,036||$86|
|Titan XE Crew Cab 2WD||$206||$312||$476||$28||$142||$1,164||$97|
|Titan SE King Cab 2WD||$206||$312||$476||$28||$142||$1,164||$97|
|Titan SE Crew Cab 4WD||$206||$368||$382||$22||$114||$1,092||$91|
|Titan Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$206||$368||$382||$22||$114||$1,092||$91|
|Titan SE Crew Cab 2WD||$206||$368||$476||$28||$142||$1,220||$102|
|Titan Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$206||$368||$382||$22||$114||$1,092||$91|
|Titan LE Crew Cab 4WD||$206||$368||$382||$22||$114||$1,092||$91|
|Titan LE Crew Cab 2WD||$228||$368||$476||$28||$142||$1,242||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can affect rates significantly.
Based on this data, we can arrive at the conclusion that using a $250 deductible will cost you roughly $29 more each month or $348 a year across all Nissan Titan models than opting for the higher $1,000 deductible. Due to the fact that you would have to pay $750 more if you turn in a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you tend to have more than 26 months between claims, you would save money if you elect the higher deductible.
The diagram below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can influence Nissan Titan insurance rates for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Driving violations and accidents
The information below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents can affect Nissan Titan yearly insurance costs for each age group. The data assumes a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Age, gender, and Nissan Titan insurance
The diagram below shows the comparison of Nissan Titan yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The example below shows the difference between Nissan Titan car insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no written rule to stop buying full coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Nissan Titan book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $800 annually for physical damage coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Nissan Titan in Corpus Christi, buying auto insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Nissan has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Nissan at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves your Nissan and your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in Texas is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
These discounts can lower your insurance quotes
Some insurers don’t always list every possible discount very clearly, so the below list has both the well known as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Corpus Christi auto insurance online. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Online Discount – A few larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on their website.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select companies reward you with a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Organization Discounts – Being in a qualifying organization may earn a discount on insurance.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates compared to drivers with a long claim history.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Titan auto insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The data assumes a female driver, no violations or accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, multi-car, anti-theft, and homeowner.
- American Family offers premium reductions for good student, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, accident-free, good driver, and early bird.
- MetLife includes discounts for accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, good driver, claim-free, good student
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, federal employee, military active duty, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, and air bags.
- The Hartford offers discounts for bundle, air bag, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, and good student.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company how you can save money. Some discounts may not be available in every state.
Car insurance agents are professional risk managers
Some people just want to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you can get the best rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to insurance agents in Corpus Christi that provide free Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you would need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an insurer should depend on more than just the price. Any agent in Corpus Christi should be willing to answer these questions.
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Corpus Christi for you
If you prefer to buy insurance from a good Corpus Christi insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance policy providers may be either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Corpus Christi that can give you comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Jack Alspaugh
5922 Yorktown Blvd, Bldg 2, Corpus Christi 78414 – Bldg 2, TX 78414 – (361) 232-4717 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Stephanie Waterman
5433 S Staples St, Ste P3 – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 906-9400 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Eddie Martinez
4942 Everhart Rd – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 993-6638 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. If you need cheaper insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through companies that do not advertise much that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below are Corpus Christi independent insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Binyon Insurance Agency, LLC
9922 Leopard St #202 – Corpus Christi, TX 78410 – (361) 241-3748 – View Map
- Trinity Insurance
4439 Gollihar Rd – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 854-8600 – View Map
- CMM INSURANCE AGENCY
5009 Kostoryz Rd – Corpus Christi, TX 78415 – (361) 654-0030 – View Map
Which is the best auto insurance?
Always remember that when buying coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. You are unique.
For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
One last thing about your coverage
Budget-conscious Nissan Titan insurance can be bought online as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and many times these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including high prices, high rates after DUI convictions, lack of trust in their agent and being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to reduce Nissan Titan insurance prices online in Corpus Christi. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Additional car insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Corpus Christi Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)