The easiest way to get discount auto insurance rates in Corpus Christi is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies who can sell car insurance in Texas.
- Try to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a negative credit history can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. Once coverage is bound, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important part of this process is that you use the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Shockingly, nearly 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Texas consumers could save almost $1,800 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate the big savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
Take policy discounts and save on Pontiac Sunfire insurance in Corpus Christi
Some providers don’t always list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow companies to look at where and when they drive by using a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially compared to bad drivers.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total Sunfire insurance premium.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of certain professional organizations can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
- Multi-car Discount – Having more than one vehicle with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Life Insurance – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a driver safety class is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Auto insurance companies that may offer policyholders most of these discounts are:
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not apply in Corpus Christi. To view companies that offer multiple discounts in Corpus Christi, click here.
The majority of larger companies allow consumers to get price estimates on the web. Doing online price comparisons for Pontiac Sunfire insurance in Corpus Christi is possible for anyone as you just enter the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. Once entered, their quoting system automatically orders credit information and your driving record and generates a price based on these factors.
Quoting online for Pontiac Sunfire insurance in Corpus Christi streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get a better rate.
In order to compare rates now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this assures you will have a fair comparison for exact coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Texas. To find the best cheap auto insurance in Corpus Christi, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Compare prices but buy from a local Corpus Christi insurance agent
Some consumers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap auto insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Corpus Christi will have answers to these questions.
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Corpus Christi?
If you want to buy auto insurance from a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agencies are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people use the same agent mainly due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are exclusive agencies in Corpus Christi willing to provide price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Joshua D. Crow
5333 Yorktown Blvd e – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 857-2688 – View Map
- Michael Morgan – State Farm Insurance Agent
5515 Saratoga Blvd b – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 992-3636 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Richard Peetz
3038 S Alameda St – Corpus Christi, TX 78404 – (361) 887-7801 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents do not sell for just one brand and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. When shopping rates, you should always get insurance quotes from a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. They often place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with who may have lower rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Corpus Christi who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Alliance Insurance Agency, Inc.
13310 Leopard St #4 – Corpus Christi, TX 78410 – (361) 241-3303 – View Map
- Alba Insurance Inc
5022 Holly Rd #108 – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 854-6551 – View Map
- Binyon Insurance Agency, LLC
9922 Leopard St #202 – Corpus Christi, TX 78410 – (361) 241-3748 – View Map
Compare rates regularly to save
More affordable car insurance in Corpus Christi is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Corpus Christi agents, so you need to quote Corpus Christi car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and many times these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to compare Pontiac Sunfire insurance prices in Corpus Christi. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Corpus Christi car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
Additional car insurance information is located at these links:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)