Comparing and finding cheap premium rates for Saturn VUE insurance in Corpus Christi may be a challenge for people new to quoting coverage prices online. Consumers have so many agents and companies to choose from that it can easily turn into a chore to locate the lowest price in Texas.
Steps to buying low-cost Saturn VUE insurance in Corpus Christi
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find more affordable Saturn VUE insurance in Corpus Christi is to do a yearly price comparison from providers who provide car insurance in Texas.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a bad credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper VUE coverage is available. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for your new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
A key point to remember is that you use similar coverage information on every quote and to quote with all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Unimaginable but true, most car insurance policyholders in Texas kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never taken the time to shop around. American consumers can save almost 47% each year just by comparing rates, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rate quotes.
It is always a good idea to check car insurance prices on a regular basis since prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the best deal on Saturn VUE insurance in Corpus Christi six months ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about VUE insurance online but in a few minutes you can learn some of the best techniques to save money.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your rates using the ideas covered in this article. Pricing the best insurance in Corpus Christi is not as hard as you think. But Texas car owners benefit from understanding the way companies determine what you pay and use this information to your advantage.
To find the best auto insurance prices, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from different companies. The best way to find the cheapest insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. It’s important to know that more quotes will increase your chances of finding more affordable insurance. Some smaller insurers do not give Corpus Christi VUE insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s necessary to compare rates on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. To get the best auto insurance in TX, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Rates and information analytics
The information displayed next showcases estimates of insurance costs for Saturn VUE models. Having a better idea how rate quotes are formulated can help drivers make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Vue XE 2WD||$374||$486||$500||$30||$150||$1,540||$128|
|Vue XR 2WD||$374||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,646||$137|
|Vue XR-L 2WD||$422||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,694||$141|
|Vue XR AWD||$422||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,694||$141|
|Vue XR-L AWD||$422||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,800||$150|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific location which can impact premiums noticeably.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Saturn VUE annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The rates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The example below visualizes the comparison of Saturn VUE annual premium costs with and without physical damage coverage. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no set rule of when to exclude full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Saturn VUE replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $400 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Why you need to buy insurance
Even though Corpus Christi VUE insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Saturn for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your Saturn VUE and your personal assets. It will also cover medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $800 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheap Corpus Christi car insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Good Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Corpus Christi auto insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Distant Student – Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Corpus Christi and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Paperwork-free – Some larger companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less can qualify you for lower car insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Sign Early and Save – A few larger companies allow discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current VUE insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
- Professional Organizations – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Corpus Christi could trigger savings when getting a Corpus Christi auto insurance quote.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
The information below illustrates the difference between Saturn VUE insurance prices with and without discounts applied. The rates are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, daytime running lights, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, air bags, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for accident-free, ease of repair, annual mileage, multi-car, low natural disaster claims, multi-policy, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include distant student, business and professional, teen driver, pay in full, homeowner, mature driver, and bundle discounts.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including anti-theft, group or association, multiple vehicles, safe driver, paid in full, anti-lock brakes, and teen driver.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for new vehicle discount, multi-car, preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, newly retired, and safety features.
- SAFECO offers discounts for teen safety rewards, drive less, accident prevention training, homeowner, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, and good student.
- USAA may have discounts that include family discount, safe driver, driver training, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, annual mileage, and new vehicle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in Corpus Christi. To see providers that offer some of these discounts in Texas, click here to view.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions might point out whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Does my Saturn VUE need full coverage?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Is my Saturn VUE covered if I use it for business?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Can’t I compare prices from local Corpus Christi auto insurance agents?
Many drivers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower prices and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Corpus Christi who will give you bids for your business. You won’t need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to you. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Corpus Christi?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Corpus Christi?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
Car insurance coverages for a Saturn VUE
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the usual coverages found on most insurance policies.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as damage from flooding, damage from getting keyed, a broken windshield and hitting a deer. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for short-term medical expenses such as ambulance fees, doctor visits and X-ray expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (Texas limits are 30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 30/60/25 which means a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as pain and suffering, loss of income, medical expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your VUE caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with a tree, driving through your garage door and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your VUE to get cheaper collision coverage.
Compare car insurance prices regularly to save
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More affordable car insurance in Corpus Christi can be purchased both online and with local Corpus Christi insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies may not offer price quotes online and usually these small insurance companies sell through local independent agents.
Steps to finding affordable Saturn VUE insurance in Corpus Christi
If you want to save money, the best way to get the cheapest Saturn VUE insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers who provide car insurance in Corpus Christi. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as careless driving and a bad credit score can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. Find a Corpus Christi insurance agent
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
To learn more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- How Much is Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)