Are you sick of overpaying and want low-cost Audi RS7 insurance in Corpus Christi? If shopping for Corpus Christi car insurance quotes online is new to you, it’s easy to get baffled by the confusing number of insurance providers all promising to save you money.
Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of car insurance customers in Texas kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. The average driver in the United States could save about 46.5% every year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to do a rate comparison.
It’s a good idea to compare prices before your next renewal because insurance prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the best price on Audi RS7 insurance in Corpus Christi six months ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the easiest ways to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Audi RS7 insurance in Corpus Christi.
To find the best auto insurance prices, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from many different Texas insurance companies. The easiest way to do a complete rate comparison is to use the internet to compare rates. When comparison shopping, making a lot of price comparisons helps you find a lower rate. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide rate quotes online, so you also need to get rates from them, too.
The following companies offer free quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Audi, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Audi at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Audi but also your financial assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Reduce your car insurance rates with these nine discounts
Some insurance providers do not advertise the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Corpus Christi car insurance online.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with the same company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Allstate and State Farm will forgive one accident without raising rates if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags may get savings of more than 20%.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids living away from Corpus Christi attending college and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in your state. To locate insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Corpus Christi, click here.
Are insurance agencies used anymore?
Many people would rather go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Corpus Christi who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork since price quotes are sent immediately to you. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an company is decision based upon more than just a low price. Any good agent in Corpus Christi should know the answers to these questions.
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a local agent, you should know the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Corpus Christi can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are usually well trained in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people buy insurance from these agents primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Corpus Christi that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Jessica Kelly – State Farm Insurance Agent
5337 Yorktown Blvd #2b – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 854-3225 – View Map
- Randy Ritter – State Farm Insurance Agent
6601 Everhart Rd, Ste H4 – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 851-8611 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Ruben Bonilla
2727 Morgan Ave #300 – Corpus Christi, TX 78405 – (361) 881-1033 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you need to compare quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most can insure with less well-known companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Corpus Christi that can give you comparison quotes.
- CMM Insurance
1901 Baldwin Blvd # C – Corpus Christi, TX 78404 – (361) 654-0085 – View Map
- Keetch and Associates Insurance
1718 Santa Fe St – Corpus Christi, TX 78404 – (361) 883-3803 – View Map
- Alliance Insurance Agency, Inc.
13310 Leopard St #4 – Corpus Christi, TX 78410 – (361) 241-3303 – View Map
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Car insurance coverage breakdown
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for immediate expenses like pain medications, ambulance fees, hospital visits, prosthetic devices and chiropractic care. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for collisions
This will pay to fix damage to your RS7 resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like scraping a guard rail, crashing into a ditch and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your RS7 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for liability
This coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 30/60/25 which stand for $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like pain and suffering, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, structural damage and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Texas state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The chart below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be adequate.
Comprehensive car insurance
Comprehensive insurance covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like a broken windshield, theft, vandalism, hitting a bird and falling objects. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Audi RS7.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Compare insurance prices regularly to save
When you buy Corpus Christi car insurance online, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, poor customer service, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
We covered a lot of ways to reduce Audi RS7 insurance car insurance rates online in Corpus Christi. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
How to find discount Audi RS7 insurance in Corpus Christi
It takes a little time, but the best way to find low-cost prices for Audi RS7 insurance in Corpus Christi is to compare prices at least once a year from providers in Texas.
- Take a little time to learn about coverages and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like accidents, traffic tickets, and your credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and to quote with every insurance company. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Corpus Christi Car Insurance for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)