Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Consumers who get price quotes annually are likely to switch to a new company because they stand a good chance of finding lower prices. A recent study showed that consumers who compared prices once a year saved over $860 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding low prices for Subaru Outback insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then having a grasp of how to find companies and compare insurance can make the process more efficient.
To save the most money, the best way to find low-cost Subaru Outback insurance in Corpus Christi is to compare prices annually from different companies who can sell car insurance in Texas. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Read and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause rate increases such as traffic citations and a negative credit history can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for tips to get better rates and find missing discounts.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. View a list of agents
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new agent or company. Immediately store the certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Comparing rates for the best-priced auto insurance in Corpus Christi is not that difficult. If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, use these cost-cutting techniques to save money without reducing protection. Consumers only need to know the proper methods to find the lowest price online.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is not a difficult process. The only requirement is to spend a few minutes comparing rates online with multiple companies.
It’s so simple to compare car insurance rate quotes online takes the place of having to spend time driving to each insurance agency near you. Shopping for car insurance online eliminates this option unless you prefer the professional abilities of a local agent. Some companies do allow you to compare online quotes and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Texas. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Corpus Christi, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rates and statistics
The coverage table displayed below showcases different insurance premium costs for Subaru Outback models. Learning how auto insurance prices are figured helps drivers make informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outback 2.5I Premium||$270||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,188||$99|
|Outback 2.5I Limited||$270||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,188||$99|
|Outback 3.6R Premium||$270||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,188||$99|
|Outback 3.6R Limited||$300||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,290||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in zip code location which can lower or raise prices significantly.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Subaru Outback car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The premium estimates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no specific rule to stop buying physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Subaru Outback claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $3,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $300 annually to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Outback, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Subaru at an extremely high rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $800 each year so shop around at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Informed Drivers Know How to Find Auto Insurance for Less
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but other factors are less apparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
Your occupation and auto insurance rates – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers such as military generals, air traffic controllers, and dentists usually pay higher rates than average because of high stress and lengthy work days. Other jobs like farmers, historians and performers have the lowest average rates.
Buy as much liability as you can afford – The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage when you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability is cheap compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
Never go without auto insurance – Letting your insurance expire is a guaranteed way to increase your rates. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time.
Rates can change based on your address – Choosing to live in areas with lower population can be a good thing when talking about auto insurance. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers in populated Texas areas regularly have congested traffic and a longer drive to work. Longer commute distances means more chance of being in an accident.
Males tend to take more risk – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean males are worse at driving than females. Males and females cause fender benders in similar numbers, but guys cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men get ticketed for serious violations such as reckless driving.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Subaru Outback insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Subaru Outback insurance claim data – Car insurance companies use claims history in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that tend to have higher loss trends will have higher premium rates. The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Subaru Outback vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Values that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Subaru Outback 4WD||58||68||106||63||64||68|
|Subaru Outback with Eyesight 4WD||57||46||106||61||58||40|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower-cost Corpus Christi car insurance quotes with discounts
Some providers don’t always advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could earn lower car insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Online Discount – Certain car insurance companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing on their website.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Outback can get you a discount since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Subaru Outback yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
If you would like to see a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above in Corpus Christi, click here to view.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to a policy for your vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Texas?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Does my Subaru Outback qualify for pleasure use?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Is my Subaru Outback covered for smoke damage?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Corpus Christi insurance agencies?
Certain consumers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Experienced insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for small agencies is important especially in Corpus Christi.
After completing this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Corpus Christi who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to you. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, you can always navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Below are Corpus Christi insurance companies that may be able to provide price quotes for Subaru Outback insurance in Corpus Christi.
Felix Pena – State Farm Insurance Agent
5718 McArdle Rd #105 – Corpus Christi, TX 78412 – (361) 992-7760 – View Map
Finding the right insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the price. Any agent in Corpus Christi should have no problem answering these questions:
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
After you get good responses to your questions as well as low cost Subaru Outback insurance quotes, you’ve probably found an insurer that meets the requirements to adequately provide auto insurance. Just remember once you purchase a policy you can cancel your policy whenever you wish so don’t assume you’re contractually obligated to a specific agent for any length of time.
Texas auto insurance companies
Choosing a good quality insurance company can be challenging considering how many choices there are in Corpus Christi. The company rank data shown below may help you choose which companies you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Don’t give up on cheaper coverage
We’ve covered many tips how you can reduce Subaru Outback insurance prices online in Corpus Christi. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Corpus Christi car insurance, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Corpus Christi car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a small mutual company.
Lower-priced Subaru Outback insurance in Corpus Christi can be sourced both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not offer online rate quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Malibu in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much are Corpus Christi Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)