Want to learn the secrets to finding more affordable Volvo S80 insurance in Corpus Christi? Are you overwhelmed by the dozens of car insurance companies in Corpus Christi? Texas vehicle owners have so many options that it can easily turn into a chore to lower your car insurance rates for Volvo S80 insurance in Corpus Christi. Lots of people think Corpus Christi is an excellent city in which to live, but finding the money to pay for car insurance can make it impossible to maintain proper levels of coverage.
It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Drivers who compare rates at least once a year will presumably buy a different policy because there are good odds of finding better rates. A recent survey discovered that people who compared prices regularly saved approximately $860 a year compared to policyholders who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the most affordable insurance in Corpus Christi is why you’re reading this, then having a grasp of how to quote prices and compare insurance rates can make shopping around easier.
It is always a good idea to take a look at other company’s rates before your policy renews because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rate on Volvo S80 insurance in Corpus Christi a year ago a different company probably has better premium rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to learn the best methods to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
To find the best auto insurance prices, there are several ways to compare prices from auto insurance companies in your area. The simplest method to find cheaper Volvo S80 rates is to use the internet to compare rates. Just remember that comparing more prices will increase your chances of finding a lower rate. Not every company provides rate quotes online, so it’s recommended that you also compare quotes from them as well.
The following companies provide comparison quotes in Texas. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Corpus Christi, TX, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Insurance rate breakdown
The coverage table below outlines different insurance costs for Volvo S80 models. Understanding more about how insurance rates are calculated can benefit drivers when making smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S80 T6 AWD||$258||$532||$400||$24||$120||$1,334||$111|
|S80 Executive AWD||$258||$602||$400||$24||$120||$1,404||$117|
|S80 V8 AWD||$286||$602||$400||$24||$120||$1,432||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in garaging location in Corpus Christi which can raise or lower price quotes noticeably.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The example below illustrates the difference between Volvo S80 car insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula that is best for determining when to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Volvo S80 replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $300 a year to have full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volvo in Corpus Christi, maintaining insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most lenders will stipulate that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Volvo at a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your S80 definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $800 each year so shop around every year to save money.
How Insurance Providers Determine Volvo S80 Insurance Prices
Many different elements are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
- Safer cars lower prices – Safe vehicles tend to be cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you.
- More traffic equals higher prices – Being located in a rural area can be a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. People who live in big cities tend to have traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. Less people means less chance of accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Poor credit decisions can cost you – Credit history will be a significant factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Therefore, if your credit rating could use some work, you may save money insuring your Volvo S80 if you improve your credit rating. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit scores.
- Don’t abuse policy claims – If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in Texas generally give most affordable rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Gender and insurance – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Both genders tend to get into fender benders in similar numbers, but guys have accidents that have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 have the highest risk to insure and therefore pay the highest rates.
The example below shows the comparison of Volvo S80 premium costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims or violations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance losses for a Volvo S80 – Insurance companies use statistical claims data when determining insurance rates. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher loss trends will have higher rates.
The table below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Volvo S80 vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is considered to be 100. Values under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volvo S80 Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo S80 4dr 2WD 82 Volvo S80 4dr 4WD 93BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Affordable Volvo S80 insurance rates in Corpus Christi
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain credits will be shown when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before being credited.
- Active Military Service – Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a safe driver course can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for multiple cars with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Volvo could qualify for discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will help reduce your policy premiums.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Volvo S80 car insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Texas, click here.
Auto insurance is available from local agents
Many people just want to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is you may find cheap auto insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- What companies can they write with?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local Corpus Christi insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they operate. Agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on what they offer which can be an advantage. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are Corpus Christi exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Stephanie Waterman
5433 S Staples St, Ste P3 – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 906-9400 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Joshua D. Crow
5333 Yorktown Blvd e – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 857-2688 – View Map
- Michael Morgan – State Farm Insurance Agent
5515 Saratoga Blvd b – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 992-3636 – View Map
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can quote policies with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured. When comparison shopping, you will want to include several independent agencies for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller companies which may have better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Corpus Christi that are able to give rate quotes.
- A to Z Insurance Group
5625 Betty Jean Dr – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 853-7568 – View Map
- Mc Kenzie and Shell Insurance
4444 Corona Dr # 103 – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 854-3046 – View Map
- Binyon Insurance Agency, LLC
9922 Leopard St #202 – Corpus Christi, TX 78410 – (361) 241-3748 – View Map
Once you have received good responses to these questions as well as offering an affordable quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles.
How to find a good Texas auto insurance company
Finding the right insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Corpus Christi. The ranking information below could help you select which car insurance providers to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
Some insurance providers may not have online quoting and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. The cheapest Volvo S80 insurance in Corpus Christi can be found on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
As you quote Corpus Christi auto insurance, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, drivers have reduced full coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high prices, unfair underwriting practices or extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
How to find more affordable Volvo S80 insurance in Corpus Christi
It takes a little time, but the best way to find cheaper prices for Volvo S80 insurance in Corpus Christi is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies who can sell car insurance in Texas. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as getting speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit history can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. Start a quote
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new agent or company. As soon as you can, store the certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
Additional information can be found at these links:
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Corpus Christi Car Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Active Military in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)