It goes without saying that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who rate shop once a year are highly likely to buy a new policy because there is a good probability of finding a lower-cost company. A recent insurance study discovered that consumers who routinely shopped around saved about $865 a year as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest price on car insurance is why you’re here, then understanding how to quote and compare coverages can save time, money, and frustration.
The preferred way to quote cheaper car insurance rates in Corpus Christi is to do a yearly price comparison from companies in Texas.
- Step 1: Try to understand the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit rating can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover the details to prevent expensive rate increases and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on C-Max Hybrid insurance. If you can save money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the newly selected company. Make sure you place your new proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on each quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Locating the best rates in Corpus Christi is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you have a current auto insurance policy or want to find a cheaper company, you can use these tips to save money while maximizing coverage. Drivers just need to learn the proper way to compare rates from many companies at once.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance can be quick and easy. You just have to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rate quotes to find out which insurance company has inexpensive Corpus Christi car insurance quotes.
Doing online quotes comparisons is so easy that it makes it obsolete to go to insurance agents’ offices. Doing it all online eliminates this option unless you prefer the trained advice of a licensed agent. It is possible with some companies price shop online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Texas. If you want cheap auto insurance in TX, it’s highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to get the lowest price.
Why you need quality insurance for your Ford vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance, paying for insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most banks will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $855 a year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How do Insurance Companies Determine Ford C-Max Hybrid Insurance Premiums?
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the rating factors that go into determining insurance rates. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce occupant injuries and fewer injuries means less claims paid and thus lower rates.
Get a ticket, pay higher costs – Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Only having one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who get multiple violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to keep their license.
Gender and insurance – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women tend to get into auto accidents at a similar rate, but guys get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
Low physical damage deductibles can be expensive – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be colliding with a stationary object, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Incidental coverages that may not be needed – There are many extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying when buying insurance. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when buying your policy, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
Impacts performance impacts auto insurance rates – The make and model of the car you need to insure makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. Lower performance four cylinder passenger models generally receive the lowest base rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Insurance loss data for a Ford C-Max Hybrid – Companies study historical loss data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that the data determines to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will be charged more to insure.
The next table shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Ford C-Max Hybrid vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Values below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or statistically larger claims.
|Specific Ford Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford C-Max Hybrid||99||92||95||94||89||100|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
These discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Car insurance companies do not list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Corpus Christi car insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Corpus Christi and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- No Accidents – Corpus Christi drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow companies to monitor driving manner through the use of a telematics system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Corpus Christi car insurance depending on your company.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for defensive driver, anti-theft, driver training, bundle, good student, and air bag.
- American Family discounts include bundled insurance, good driver, early bird, air bags, multi-vehicle, and mySafetyValet.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Travelers may have discounts that include home ownership, new car, good student, driver training, IntelliDrive, and save driver.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for bundle discounts, youthful driver, good student, mature driver, and multi-car.
- USAA offers discounts for family discount, safe driver, vehicle storage, driver training, multi-vehicle, and military installation.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for teen driver discount, multi-car, multi-policy, preferred payment discount, good student, and hybrid vehicle.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in Corpus Christi. If you would like to view insurers who offer online Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance quotes in Texas, follow this link.
Buying auto insurance from Corpus Christi auto insurance agents
Some consumers just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your business. You won’t need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How long have they been in business?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
If you would like to find an insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agencies in Corpus Christi can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s important to know why they differ because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following are Corpus Christi exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with price quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you need to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison.
Below are independent insurance agents in Corpus Christi that are able to give price quote information.
Car insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated insurance company can be challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Texas. The ranking information in the lists below can help you choose which auto insurers to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Don’t give up on cheap premiums
When getting Corpus Christi car insurance quotes online, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More affordable auto insurance in Corpus Christi is possible both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not offer rates over the internet and usually these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agents.
To learn more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Corpus Christi Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Corpus Christi Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Corpus Christi Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Active Military in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Veterans in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)