Really, the only way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates in Corpus Christi is to regularly compare quotes from insurers who provide car insurance in Texas. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about individual coverages and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a not-so-good credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides instructions to get cheaper coverage and get bigger discounts.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Mountaineer coverage is available in Corpus Christi. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One bit of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Unbelievable but true according to a study a large majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and almost half have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could save an average of $850 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to go online and compare rates.
Compare Corpus Christi Mercury Mountaineer insurance quotes online
Many insurance companies give pricing directly from their websites. Comparing Mercury Mountaineer insurance rates online is easy for anyone as all you need to do is type in the coverages you want on the page. After you submit the form their quoting system pulls information on your driving record and credit history and gives you a price quote based on many factors.
Using the web to get quotes for Mercury Mountaineer insurance in Corpus Christi makes it simple to compare prices and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to find the best car insurance rates.
To get comparison pricing now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended that you enter deductibles and limits as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you will receive an apples-to-apples comparison based on identical coverages.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Texas. If you want cheaper car insurance in Corpus Christi, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Score discounts on Corpus Christi insurance
Companies don’t always advertise their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list a few of the more common and also the lesser-known ways to save on insurance. If you’re not getting every credit available, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but some companies like State Farm and Progressive will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to track vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Student in College – Children who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a defensive driver course may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Mercury Mountaineer annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for defensive driver, membership and employees, military active duty, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- USAA offers premium reductions for driver training, vehicle storage, good student, defensive driver, family discount, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- American Family includes discounts for mySafetyValet, good student, air bags, defensive driver, early bird, and bundled insurance.
- Esurance discounts include good driver, online quote, multi-policy, multi-car, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for mature driver, youthful driver, early shopping, multi-car, teen driver, homeowner, and switch companies.
- State Farm has savings for good driver, student away at school, passive restraint, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, good student, and multiple autos.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in Corpus Christi. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer online Mercury Mountaineer insurance quotes in Texas, click this link.
Mercury Mountaineer insurance analysis
The table displayed below showcases a range of coverage costs for Mercury Mountaineer models. Having a good understanding how prices are determined can assist in making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Mountaineer Premier 2WD
|Mountaineer Premier AWD
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect auto insurance rates noticeably.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Mercury Mountaineer insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The costs are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Careless driving habits raise auto insurance rates
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders raise Mercury Mountaineer auto insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The costs are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Mercury Mountaineer full coverage rates compared to liability only
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Mercury Mountaineer car insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no definitive formula for eliminating physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Mercury Mountaineer settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $200 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Insurance agents near you
Some consumers would rather have an agent’s advice and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Corpus Christi.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to participating agents in Corpus Christi who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to find an agent since price quotes are sent to you directly. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from an insurance agent, there are two different agency structures and how they function. Agencies in Corpus Christi are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured.
When shopping rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. Most also write with lesser-known insurance companies which can save you money.
The following are independent agents in Corpus Christi who may be able to give you free price quotes.
- Reed Insurance Agency
6500 S Padre Island Dr – Corpus Christi, TX 78412 – (361) 994-1886 – View Map
- All American Hallmark Ins
4510 Weber Rd a – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 993-6643 – View Map
- Binyon Insurance Agency, LLC
9922 Leopard St #202 – Corpus Christi, TX 78410 – (361) 241-3748 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm or Allstate. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents partially due to high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Corpus Christi willing to provide rate quotes.
- Joely DelVecchio – State Farm Insurance Agent
525 Glazebrook St c – Corpus Christi, TX 78404 – (361) 906-2886 – View Map
- Gene McWhorter – State Farm Insurance Agent
14101 Northwest Blvd #103 – Corpus Christi, TX 78410 – (361) 767-0750 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Ruben Bonilla
2727 Morgan Ave #300 – Corpus Christi, TX 78405 – (361) 881-1033 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Corpus Christi?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Where are claims handled?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Are they full-time agents?
When to get professional advice
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Smart Buyers Can Cut Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, although others are less obvious such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
Women tend to cost less – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Both genders are responsible for fender benders in similar percentages, but men tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Mercury Mountaineer car insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Don’t skimp on liability insurance – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage if you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Use but don’t abuse your insurance – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in Texas award cheaper rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Can a thief steal your car? – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart vehicle theft.
Single drivers take more risk – Having a significant other may save some money on your policy. Having a significant other means you’re more responsible and insurance companies like that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Teen drivers pay more – Teen drivers in Texas tend to be less responsible in a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.
The data below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Mercury in Corpus Christi, auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Mercury Mountaineer with a loan, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Mercury for a lot more money and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Mercury and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Affordable car insurance premiums are out there
While you’re price shopping online, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Affordable Mercury Mountaineer insurance in Corpus Christi is possible online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Corpus Christi car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
You just learned a lot of techniques to shop for Mercury Mountaineer insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Mercury Mountaineer rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More tips and info about car insurance is located at these sites:
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Good Students in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)