A recent auto insurance study revealed that the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Texas drivers could pocket $1,770 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they switched.
The preferred way to get cheaper Subaru BRZ insurance in Corpus Christi is to regularly compare price quotes from providers who can sell car insurance in Texas. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Take a little time to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like speeding tickets, accidents and a negative credit history can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Cutting your Corpus Christi insurance rates can be relatively painless. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes on the computer to get quotes to see which company has the cheapest Subaru BRZ rate quotes.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Texas. To get cheap car insurance in Texas, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Subaru BRZ in Corpus Christi, buying auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Subaru BRZ with a loan, most banks will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Subaru at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, auto insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver is wasting up to $869 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Lower Insurance Rates with These Tips
Many things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that go into determining your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with lower rates.
The following are some of the items car insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Car insurance policy lapses increase premiums – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a sure-fire way to pay more for car insurance. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- High comp and collision deductibles reduce rates – Comp and collision deductibles tell how much the insured will be required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, fire damage, or theft of your vehicle. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the better rate you will receive.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – There are many extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, accidental death, and motor club memberships are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Pleasure use saves money – Driving more miles annually the higher your rates will be. A lot of insurance companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting receive lower rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. A policy that improperly rates your BRZ may be costing you higher rates. Verify your car insurance policy states the proper vehicle usage.
Subaru BRZ insurance claim data – Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle when determining insurance rates. Models that the data determines to have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for specific coverages. The table below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Subaru BRZ vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Subaru BRZ Vehicles Specific Subaru Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru BRZ 156 78 150 87 88 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts for cheaper car insurance quotes
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has some of the more common and also the lesser-known car insurance savings.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home in Corpus Christi can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
- E-sign – Certain insurance companies will give a small break shop Corpus Christi auto insurance over the internet.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Corpus Christi auto insurance quote in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will lower the amount you have to pay.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, accident-free, safe vehicle, good student, and passive restraint.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include preferred payment discount, multi-car, multi-policy, exclusive group savings, and hybrid vehicle.
- American Family has discounts for mySafetyValet, early bird, accident-free, bundled insurance, and air bags.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for pay in full, mature driver, teen driver, good student, homeowner, and switch companies.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for teen driver, air bags, anti-lock brakes, paperless, mature driver, anti-theft, and group or association.
- SAFECO has savings for accident prevention training, multi-car, homeowner, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, and teen safe driver.
Check with each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Savings might not apply in every state. If you would like to view insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Corpus Christi, click here to view.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When quoting and choosing a policy for your vehicles, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you so this has to be addressed.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Corpus Christi insurance agents?
Some consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Insurance agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is sent to agents in your area that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an company requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- How many years have they been established?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Corpus Christi?
If you want to use a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents in Corpus Christi may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can do a good job, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences since it may influence buying decisions.
These agents can only quote rates from one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to use the same agent primarily because of the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Corpus Christi that are able to give rate quotes.
- Jessica Kelly – State Farm Insurance Agent
5337 Yorktown Blvd #2b – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 854-3225 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Richard Peetz
3038 S Alameda St – Corpus Christi, TX 78404 – (361) 887-7801 – View Map
- Francisco Aguilar – State Farm Insurance Agent
5829 Weber Rd – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 991-8242 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you include a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Corpus Christi willing to provide price quotes.
- Ed Cantu Insurance Agency
7122 S Staples St – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 991-1493 – View Map
- Joe Morales Insurance
5230 Kostoryz Rd # 18 – Corpus Christi, TX 78415 – (361) 852-4292 – View Map
- Borden Insurance
210 S Carancahua St Fl 4 – Corpus Christi, TX 78401 – (361) 882-6543 – View Map
Best auto insurance in Corpus Christi
Insuring your vehicle with the right insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many choices drivers have in Corpus Christi. The information in the lists below can help you pick which providers you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
How much can you save?
When you buy Corpus Christi auto insurance online, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Corpus Christi can be bought online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies may not have rates over the internet and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
You just read many ways to shop for Subaru BRZ insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Corpus Christi auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest premium rates come from some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Much more information about car insurance in Texas is available below:
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Corpus Christi Auto Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)