Searching for cheaper insurance for a Subaru WRX in Texas can turn out to be difficult, but you can use the following methods to save time. There is a better way to compare car insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to quote coverages on a Subaru and obtain the cheapest rates from Corpus Christi insurance agents and online providers.
Getting cheap Subaru WRX insurance pricing is a great way to save money. Just spend a little time comparing free Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes to find out which insurance company has the cheapest Subaru WRX rate quotes.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Corpus Christi, TX, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Subaru WRX in Corpus Christi, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will force you to have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Subaru at an extremely high rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in Texas is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance Price Influencing Factors
Many things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are less apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into your prices.
Demanding job may mean higher rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Jobs such as real estate brokers, executives, and miners tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us in part from high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. Other careers like actors, students and retirees get better rates.
Lower prices with GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Raising comp and collision deductibles saves money – Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, protects your Subaru from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and burglary. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The larger the amount you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Combine home and auto and save – The majority of companies will give better rates to insureds who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s always a smart idea to compare Subaru WRX rates in Corpus Christi to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Subaru WRX claim probability – Companies factor in insurance loss information when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that statistically have higher number or severity of losses will have a higher cost to insure. The table below outlines the loss history for Subaru WRX vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Subaru WRX 4WD||141||82||158||94||81||84|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts for cheaper car insurance rates
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even know about. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching to them before your current WRX insurance policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction with some car insurance companies.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle may earn a small discount since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get better car insurance rates.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Resident Student – Children living away from Corpus Christi attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will cut your policy premium.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide include:
- Farm Bureau has discounts for youthful driver, multi-policy, 55 and retired, driver training, renewal discount, safe driver, and good student.
- MetLife discounts include defensive driver, multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, good student, and accident-free.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and online signing.
- AAA has savings for AAA membership discount, multi-car, good student, good driver, pay-in-full, and education and occupation.
- American Family may offer discounts for TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, accident-free, early bird, and good driver.
- GEICO offers discounts including membership and employees, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, air bags, seat belt use, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm offers discounts for safe vehicle, multiple policy, student away at school, defensive driving training, passive restraint, anti-theft, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts might not be offered in your state. For a list of insurers offering car insurance discounts in Texas, click here.
Will just any policy work for me?
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Will my Subaru WRX be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
You may need help from an agent
A lot of people prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to insurance agents in Corpus Christi who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting a insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
Corpus Christi auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agents in Corpus Christi are considered either independent or exclusive. Both can insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Corpus Christi who may provide you with price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Jesse Trevino
4721 Bonner Dr Ste 101 – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 986-1000 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Eddie Martinez
4942 Everhart Rd – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 993-6638 – View Map
- Liz Sweney – State Farm Insurance Agent
7102 Wooldridge Rd – Corpus Christi, TX 78414 – (361) 852-1700 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part.
When shopping rates, we recommend you contact multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Most also write with small mutual carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below are independent agencies in Corpus Christi who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Del Mar Insurance
3801 Saratoga Blvd # 105 – Corpus Christi, TX 78415 – (361) 986-0700 – View Map
- Reed Insurance Agency
6500 S Padre Island Dr – Corpus Christi, TX 78412 – (361) 994-1886 – View Map
- Crawford Insurance
5262 S Staples St # 300 – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 654-2788 – View Map
Cost effective Subaru WRX insurance can be found from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to lower your Subaru WRX insurance prices in Corpus Christi. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company can be pretty painless.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Subaru WRX insurance in Corpus Christi
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from companies who sell auto insurance in Corpus Christi.
Step 1: Read and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as inattentive driving and a negative credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple sources. View a list of agents
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new agent or company. Immediately place the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to use identical coverage information on every price quote and and to compare every company you can. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
More detailed insurance information is located by following these links:
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for High School Students in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much are Corpus Christi Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Malibu in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)