If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get discount Tesla Model S insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers that sell auto insurance in Corpus Christi. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
First, try to understand how your policy works and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like traffic citations and poor credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for instructions to help reduce premium rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Model S insurance. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, tell your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment for the new policy. As soon as you can, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A valuable tip to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to look at every insurance company. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Sadly, the majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Texas drivers can cut their rates by roughly 70% a year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare other rate quotes.
If you’re already insured or just want to reduce your rates, you can use this information to find better prices without sacrificing coverage. Buying the cheapest coverage in Corpus Christi is simple if you know the tricks. Drivers just need to learn the least time-consuming way to get comparison quotes from many different companies.
Most larger insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow consumers to get prices from their websites. Comparing prices online for Tesla Model S insurance in Corpus Christi is fairly simple as all you need to do is type in your coverage information as detailed in the form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system orders your driving and credit reports and quotes a price based on many factors.
This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s necessary to perform this step in order to get affordable prices.
To compare rates using this form now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend that you enter the coverage information as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you will have a fair comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. To find cheap auto insurance in Corpus Christi, TX, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
These ten discounts can cut Tesla Model S insurance rates
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might find some hidden discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a specific time period.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Corpus Christi Homeowners Pay Less – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more on Model S insurance in Corpus Christi.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Companies that may have many of the previously listed discounts are:
Double check with each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts may not be available in Corpus Christi. If you would like to choose from a list of providers with discount rates in Corpus Christi, click here.
Insurance agents near you
Certain consumers just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is OK! Most agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheaper car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is still important in Corpus Christi.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your business. There is no need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to you. If you wish to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
When finding an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they operate. Agencies in Corpus Christi can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both properly insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand how they are different because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison. Most independent agents also contract with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may have better rates.
Below are Corpus Christi independent insurance agencies that can give you free auto insurance quotes.
- A to Z Insurance Group
5625 Betty Jean Dr – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 853-7568 – View Map
- Annaville Insurance
14602 Compass St a – Corpus Christi, TX 78418 – (361) 949-6787 – View Map
- Borden Insurance
210 S Carancahua St Fl 4 – Corpus Christi, TX 78401 – (361) 882-6543 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people use the same agent mostly because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Corpus Christi who can help you get price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: James Aleman
6262 Weber Rd Ste 112 – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 806-2133 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Richard Peetz
3038 S Alameda St – Corpus Christi, TX 78404 – (361) 887-7801 – View Map
- Gene McWhorter – State Farm Insurance Agent
14101 Northwest Blvd #103 – Corpus Christi, TX 78410 – (361) 767-0750 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Before buying a policy in Corpus Christi, get answers to these questions.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Corpus Christi?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
If you get good responses to these questions as well as a affordable price, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that is reputable and can insure your vehicles. Just be aware that you have the power to cancel coverage whenever you want so don’t assume that you are obligated to any particular company for a certain time period.
When to get professional advice
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed.
For instance, these questions might point out whether you might need professional guidance.
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Should I buy only the required Texas minimum liability coverage?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Choosing the best Model S insurance in Texas is an important decision
Even though Corpus Christi Model S insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Model S, most lenders will have a requirement that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Tesla at a more expensive rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Tesla Model S but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America overpays as much as $830 a year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Car insurance coverages explained
Having a good grasp of car insurance can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverages available from car insurance companies.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like vandalism, rock chips in glass, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from getting keyed and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision insurance covers damage to your Model S caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible on your Model S to bring the cost down.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Tesla Model S.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (30/60/25 in Texas), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills for hospital visits, X-ray expenses, surgery and pain medications. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 30/60/25 which means a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things like legal defense fees, repair costs for stationary objects, court costs, attorney fees and funeral expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Texas state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be enough coverage.
Cheap rates are available
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We covered a lot of techniques to find cheaper Tesla Model S insurance in Corpus Christi. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a small local company. Some small companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tacoma in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)