Tired of not being able to afford to pay auto insurance each month? You are in the same boat as many other Texas consumers.
We don't have to tell you that auto insurance companies don't want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who shop for lower rates are likely to switch companies because they have a good chance of finding discount prices. A recent survey discovered that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved as much as $850 each year compared to policyholders who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest price on insurance in Corpus Christi is your goal, then understanding the best way to compare insurance premiums can make it easier to shop your coverage around. Drivers have so many insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, more choices can make it harder to get the best deal for Toyota Camry insurance in Corpus Christi.
You need to do rate comparisons occasionally because auto insurance prices tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on Toyota Camry insurance in Corpus Christi at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I'm going to teach you one of the quickest ways to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Corpus Christi is really quite easy. If you have a policy now, you should be able to find better prices using the following tips. Drivers just need to learn the quickest method to compare different rates from many different companies.
Insurance policy discounts for Toyota Camry insurance in Corpus Christi
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Corpus Christi Homeowners Pay Less - Being a homeowner can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- No Accidents - Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on Corpus Christi auto insurance quote compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with one insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Insuring multiple cars with the same insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Distant Student Discount - Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Corpus Christi and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- Senior Citizens - Seniors may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
It's important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren't that lucky.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Toyota Camry auto insurance rates with and without discounts. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
Auto insurance companies that possibly offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
Before buying, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in Corpus Christi. To find insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Texas, follow this link.
Most larger insurance companies give prices on the web. Getting quotes for Toyota Camry insurance in Corpus Christi is possible for anyone because it's just a matter of typing in your coverage information as detailed in the form. Upon sending the form, their quoting system will order credit information and your driving record and returns pricing information. Getting online rates for Toyota Camry insurance in Corpus Christi helps simplify price comparisons, and it's absolutely necessary to do this if you are searching for the lowest payment.
To save time and find out how much you can save on insurance, compare quotes from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This way, you will have comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Texas. To buy cheap car insurance in Corpus Christi, TX, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Toyota Camry coverage statistics
The coverage information below highlights a range of insurance rates for Toyota Camry models. Being more informed about how auto insurance premiums are formulated can help drivers make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can lower or raise prices substantially.
Smart Buyers Can Save Money
Many things are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but other factors are less apparent like where you live or your financial responsibility.
- Comp and collision deductibles are a factor - The deductibles tell how much you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are colliding with a stationary object, animal collisions, and damage from wind. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Does your occupation cost you more? - Occupations like military personnel, business owners, and dentists are shown to have higher premium rates in part from intense work situations and lengthy work days. On the other hand, jobs such as professors, engineers and the unemployed receive lower rates.
Teen vs. experienced drivers - Teen drivers in Texas are statistically proven to be easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
The following chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Poor driving habits leads to higher premiums - A bad driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Attentive drivers receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Getting just one ticket may increase your cost substantially. Drivers with flagrant tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find that they have to to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders raise Toyota Camry insurance premiums for each different age group. The prices are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
- The higher your credit score the lower your costs - Having a bad credit rating is a large factor in determining what you pay for insurance. If your credit rating is lower than you'd like, you may save money insuring your Toyota Camry by repairing your credit. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with poor credit scores.
Toyota Camry insurance loss data - Insurers use claims history to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that historically have higher loss trends will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The information below illustrates the insurance loss data for Toyota Camry vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Toyota Camry Models Specific Toyota Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Camry 110 94 102 148 145 107 Toyota Camry Hybrid 124 100 110 118 127 96BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I need a local insurance agent?
A small number of people still like to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is you may find the best rates and still have a local agent.
By using this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Corpus Christi that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Corpus Christi?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
If you are searching for a reputable agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agencies in Corpus Christi are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can provide insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know why they differ because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to provide other company's prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well trained on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below are exclusive agencies in Corpus Christi willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Corpus Christi willing to provide price quotes.
Joe Morales Insurance
5230 Kostoryz Rd # 18 - Corpus Christi, TX 78415 - (361) 852-4292 - View Map
Insurance protects more than just your car
Even though Corpus Christi Camry insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Camry has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Toyota for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $855 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can reduce Toyota Camry insurance premium rates online in Corpus Christi. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced full coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
How to find cheaper quotes for Toyota Camry insurance in Corpus Christi
The best way to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers who sell insurance in Corpus Christi. You can shop around by following these steps.
- First, read and learn about how car insurance works and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as traffic violations and a not-so-good credit history can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Corpus Christi. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for the new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, store the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get prices from every insurance company. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
More detailed car insurance information can be found by following these links:
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Corpus Christi Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Business Use in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)