Finding cheaper rates for Toyota Prius insurance in Corpus Christi is slightly frustrating for drivers who have little experience online comparison shopping. Drivers have so many choices that it can be a difficult situation to find better prices on Toyota Prius insurance.
Sadly, most insurance policyholders have been with the same company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average insurance premium being $2,700, Texas drivers could cut their rates by about 70% a year just by shopping around, but they think it’s difficult to find lower-cost insurance by shopping around.
It’s a great practice to take a look at other company’s rates at least once a year due to the fact that insurance prices go up and down regularly. If you had the best price on Toyota Prius insurance in Corpus Christi a couple years back you can probably find a better rate now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re about to learn how to use online quotes to save on insurance.
The best way to compare insurance rates in your area is to understand almost all companies have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a little information including if the car is leased, if you went to college, if you have an active license, and what your job is. Your details is instantly submitted to insurance companies and they return rate quotes with very little delay.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Corpus Christi.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Texas. To find cheap auto insurance in Corpus Christi, we suggest you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class in school.
- Corpus Christi Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Corpus Christi can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies give discounts for switching companies early. You could save around 10% when you buy Corpus Christi car insurance online.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
The information below shows the difference between Toyota Prius insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the rates. The prices are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer policyholders some of the discounts shown above possibly include:
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in every state. To view insurers who offer free Toyota Prius insurance quotes in Texas, click here to view.
Insurance rate breakdown
The information shown next covers a range of insurance premium costs for Toyota Prius models. Learning more about how insurance prices are figured can help drivers make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in zip code location which can impact coverage prices considerably.
Safe drivers pay cheaper rates
The diagram below highlights how speeding tickets and fender-benders influence Toyota Prius insurance prices for each different age group. Data assumes a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Corpus Christi car insurance agent
Some people still like to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended A good thing about price shopping on the web is you may find better rates and still have a local agent.
By using this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an provider needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- How long have they been in business?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Can you contact them at any time?
Different types of car insurance agents in Corpus Christi
If you need to find an insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are State Farm or Allstate. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. They are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand and solid financial strength.
Below are exclusive agencies in Corpus Christi willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Jessica Kelly – State Farm Insurance Agent
5337 Yorktown Blvd #2b – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 854-3225 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: James Aleman
6262 Weber Rd Ste 112 – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 806-2133 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Laura Harris
3837 S Padre Island Dr – Corpus Christi, TX 78415 – (361) 985-2875 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not sell for just one brand so they can write business with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. When shopping rates, you definitely need to get several quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Most also write with companies you’ve never heard of that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
The following are independent agents in Corpus Christi willing to provide rate quotes.
- Ed Cantu Insurance Agency
7122 S Staples St – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 991-1493 – View Map
- Annaville Insurance
14602 Compass St a – Corpus Christi, TX 78418 – (361) 949-6787 – View Map
- Mc Kenzie and Shell Insurance
4444 Corona Dr # 103 – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 854-3046 – View Map
Auto insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Liability insurance – Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show limits of 30/60/25 that translate to $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, loss of income and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be enough.
Collision coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox, rolling your car and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your Prius in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills for hospital visits, prosthetic devices and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Toyota Prius.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (30/60/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive auto coverage – This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as theft, hitting a deer and vandalism. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Don’t give up on cheap coverage
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, policy non-renewal, being labeled a high risk driver or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost.
Cheaper insurance in Corpus Christi is possible online and with local Corpus Christi insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies work with independent agents.
Steps to saving on Toyota Prius insurance in Corpus Christi
The preferred way to get cheaper Toyota Prius insurance in Corpus Christi is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Texas. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as your driving record and a low credit rating can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment to your new company or agent. Immediately keep your new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Corpus Christi Car Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Veterans in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)