It’s hard to fathom, but almost 70% of drivers in Texas kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never taken the time to shop around. Most drivers in the United States could save 46.5% every year just by comparing rates, but they assume it’s a waste of time to shop around.
If you want to save money, the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Corpus Christi is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies who provide auto insurance in Texas. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic violations, and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. Select a company
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Corpus Christi. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new agent or company. As soon as you have the new policy, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on every quote request and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Lower rate quotes with discounts
Some companies don’t always publicize every available discount very well, so below is a list both well-publicized and the more hidden ways to save on insurance. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Memberships – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on insurance.
- Online Discount – Certain insurance companies give back up to $50 shop Corpus Christi auto insurance on the web.
- Good Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Some companies that may include many of the previously listed discounts are:
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to view insurance companies with the best Volkswagen Atlas insurance discounts in Texas, click here to view.
To find cheap rates, there are a couple of ways to get quotes from local Corpus Christi insurance companies. The quickest method to find the lowest rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
When price shopping your coverage, making a lot of price comparisons will improve the odds of getting the best rates.
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in Corpus Christi, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
Some consumers would prefer to have an agent’s advice and often times that is recommended One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find better rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurance company requires you to look at more than just the price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How are claims handled?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Can you contact them at any time?
When narrowing the list to find a good Corpus Christi insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents from which to choose. Car insurance agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Corpus Christi willing to provide price quotes.
- Jessica Kelly – State Farm Insurance Agent
5337 Yorktown Blvd #2b – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 854-3225 – View Map
- Michael Morgan – State Farm Insurance Agent
5515 Saratoga Blvd b – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 992-3636 – View Map
- Randy Ritter – State Farm Insurance Agent
6601 Everhart Rd, Ste H4 – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 851-8611 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s a good idea to get insurance quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Corpus Christi who can help you get rate quotes.
- Trinity Insurance
4439 Gollihar Rd – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 854-8600 – View Map
- Keetch and Associates Insurance
1718 Santa Fe St – Corpus Christi, TX 78404 – (361) 883-3803 – View Map
- Ed Cantu Insurance Agency
7122 S Staples St – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 991-1493 – View Map
Best car insurance in Corpus Christi
Insuring your vehicle with a highly-rated insurance provider is hard considering how many choices drivers have in Corpus Christi. The rank data below may help you decide which car insurance companies to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 Corpus Christi Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
More comparisons equals cheap rates
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice full coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim and even high prices. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
Lower-priced car insurance in Corpus Christi is definitely available on the web and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies don’t offer online price quotes and these smaller providers sell through local independent agencies.
More tips and info about car insurance is available at these sites:
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Immigrants in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Corpus Christi Auto Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)