Unimaginable but true, about 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in Texas being $2,679, drivers could pocket as much as 70% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes online.
The best way to find cheaper quotes for Dodge Magnum insurance in Corpus Christi is to compare prices once a year from companies that sell auto insurance in Texas.
Step 1: Get an understanding of how your policy works and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that increase rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on Magnum insurance in Corpus Christi. If you can save some money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The key thing to remember is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to look at every company you can. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
If you have a policy now or need new coverage, you can use this information to lower your rates and possibly find even better coverage. Quoting and comparing the most affordable insurance coverage in Corpus Christi can be fairly easy. Drivers just need to use the most time-saving way to shop for insurance from many different companies online.
Reducing your insurance rates is not rocket science. You just have to invest a little time to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Discount Corpus Christi auto insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all possible discounts very clearly, so below is a list both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Corpus Christi auto insurance online.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Corpus Christi auto insurance with some auto insurance companies.
- Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Corpus Christi auto insurance quote.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Telematics Devices – Corpus Christi drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to track where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Early Signing – Some auto insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy early. The savings is around 10%.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Texas, click here.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers still like to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Corpus Christi that can provide free Corpus Christi auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you have a need to compare prices from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they work. Agents in Corpus Christi can be categorized as either independent or exclusive. Either one can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. These agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Corpus Christi who may provide you with price quote information.
- Jessica Kelly – State Farm Insurance Agent
5337 Yorktown Blvd #2b – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 854-3225 – View Map
- Michael Morgan – State Farm Insurance Agent
5515 Saratoga Blvd b – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 992-3636 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jesse Trevino
4721 Bonner Dr Ste 101 – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 986-1000 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you definitely need to get quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with smaller mutual companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a list of independent agents in Corpus Christi willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Alliance Insurance Agency, Inc.
13310 Leopard St #4 – Corpus Christi, TX 78410 – (361) 241-3303 – View Map
- CMM Insurance
1901 Baldwin Blvd # C – Corpus Christi, TX 78404 – (361) 654-0085 – View Map
- Annaville Insurance
14602 Compass St a – Corpus Christi, TX 78418 – (361) 949-6787 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting good answers for all questions you ask as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have just found an insurance agency that is professional and can adequately provide auto insurance. It’s important to know that you have the power to cancel coverage for any reason so don’t think that you are permanently stuck with a policy with no way out.
Dodge Magnum Insurance Rate Factors
Many factors are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like your driving record, but some are more transparent like where you live or how financially stable you are. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you better insurance rates.
The list below includes most of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
Does your vocation raise your rates? – Occupations like doctors, architects, and dentists tend to have the highest rates attributed to high stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, occupations such as actors, athletes and homemakers get better rates.
Big city or small town – Residing in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages when talking about insurance. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates. Urban drivers tend to have more road rage incidents and more time behind the wheel. More time commuting can result in more accidents.
Obey driving laws and save – Having a clean driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better prices compared to bad drivers. Having a single moving violation could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have serious tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
Add-on coverages can cost a lot – There are quite a few optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying but may not be useful. Coverages like roadside assistance, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships are some examples. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but if they’re wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
Liability coverage – The liability coverage on your policy kicks in if you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
Safer cars save money – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce the chance of injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Bump up physical damage deductibles to lower rates – Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your Dodge. Some examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, damage caused by hail, and damage caused by flying debris. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The more expense you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
Why you need insurance for your Dodge vehicle
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Magnum, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge for a lot more money and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $855 a year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver or even poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to save on Dodge Magnum insurance in Corpus Christi. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a small mutual company.
As you prepare to switch companies, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an insured dropped liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- How Much is Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for College Students in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)