How long has it been since you shopped around for cheaper Chevy Volt insurance in Corpus Christi? Trying to find better insurance prices for a Chevy Volt in Texas could be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips and make it easy.
There are both good and bad ways to compare auto insurance rates and you need to know the proper way to get price quotes for a Chevy and obtain the cheapest rates either online or from Corpus Christi insurance agents.
Getting quotes for the best protection in Corpus Christi is not as difficult as people think. If you are already insured or just want cheaper coverage, take advantage of these tips to reduce premiums without having to cut coverage. Shoppers just need to use the quickest way to shop for car insurance from many different companies.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chevy Volt insurance in Corpus Christi?
Auto insurance companies do not list every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Corpus Christi auto insurance online.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Corpus Christi auto insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Corpus Christi auto insurance quote when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to scrutinize their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- College Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Corpus Christi and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- GEICO discounts include emergency military deployment, defensive driver, multi-policy, daytime running lights, and military active duty.
- MetLife may include discounts for multi-policy, good driver, good student, claim-free, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for driver training, good student, payment discounts, save driver, home ownership, student away at school, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- SAFECO includes discounts for teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, and bundle discounts.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, anti-theft, good student, good driver, multi-policy, and education and occupation.
If you want the cheapest Chevrolet Volt rate quotes, ask every company to give you their best rates. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. To see a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Texas, follow this link.
Finding more affordable Corpus Christi auto insurance rates is an easy way to save money. You just need to take a couple of minutes to get quotes from some recommended companies.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Corpus Christi, TX. To buy cheaper auto insurance in Corpus Christi, we suggest you get rates from several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Lower Your Corpus Christi Insurance Prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of things are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are less apparent such as your marital status or your commute time.
Poor credit rating equals high rates – Your credit score can be an important factor in determining premium rates. So if your credit could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet Volt by repairing your credit. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
Deter vehicle theft – Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft deterrent systems such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Big city or small town – Residing in less populated areas of the country can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People who live in big cities have congested traffic and more time behind the wheel. More time behind the wheel means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Frequent insurance claims will cost more – Companies in Texas generally give better rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Claims statistics for a Chevy Volt – Insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more for coverage.
The table below shows the collected loss data for Chevy Volt vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is equal to 100. Values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have higher losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Volt Electric||89||83||81||71||73||90|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When buying the right insurance coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. You are unique so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Is my Chevy Volt covered for smoke damage?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agencies
Many drivers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. The best thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is especially important in Corpus Christi.
By using this short form, your coverage information is sent to participating agents in Corpus Christi who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You don’t have to search for an agent since price quotes are sent instantly to you. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance policy providers can either be independent or exclusive. Both can do a good job, but it is a good idea to know how they are different since it can impact the selection process.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent often have many company appointments and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you check rates from a few independent agents to maximize your price options. Many can place coverage with small mutual carriers which can save you money.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Corpus Christi who may provide pricing information.
- Trinity Insurance
4439 Gollihar Rd – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 854-8600 – View Map
- Kramer Insurance
5866 S Staples St # 204 – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 850-1857 – View Map
- Hochheim Prairie Insurance
4646 Corona Dr – Corpus Christi, TX 78411 – (361) 814-1097 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand name and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Corpus Christi who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: James Aleman
6262 Weber Rd Ste 112 – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 806-2133 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Jack Alspaugh
5922 Yorktown Blvd, Bldg 2, Corpus Christi 78414 – Bldg 2, TX 78414 – (361) 232-4717 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Dennis Trevino
6410 Weber Rd #11d – Corpus Christi, TX 78413 – (361) 814-0123 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Volt in Corpus Christi, paying for auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Volt with a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Auto insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in Texas is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheaper car insurance rates are available
Some insurance companies do not provide online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents. Cost effective Chevy Volt insurance is definitely available both online in addition to many Corpus Christi insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection.
When you buy Corpus Christi auto insurance online, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Chevy Volt insurance in Corpus Christi
The best way we recommend to find better pricing on auto insurance rates is to annually compare prices from providers who can sell car insurance in Corpus Christi.
- Learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as inattentive driving and a negative credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Compare rates now
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the newly selected company. Immediately keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
More tips and info about car insurance is available in the articles below:
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Corpus Christi Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teachers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Corpus Christi Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)