It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from providers that insure vehicles in Corpus Christi.
- Try to learn a little about policy coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents and a negative credit rating can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover ideas to help keep rates affordable and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new coverage. Immediately keep the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to analyze all possible companies. This helps ensure a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who compare other prices are highly likely to switch companies because there is a good probability of finding a lower-priced policy. A study discovered that consumers who regularly shopped around saved as much as $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving money on Honda Clarity insurance is the reason you’re here, learning how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverages can help simplify the process.
Smart Buyers Can Slash Their Insurance Prices
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that go into determining insurance rates. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are some of the things that factor into your prices.
- Vocation impacts rates – Occupational choices like military generals, social workers, and emergency personnel usually pay higher rates than average because of intense work situations and lengthy work days. On the flip side, professions such as farmers, engineers and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
- Premiums are high for teenagers – Older people are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets. Youthful drivers are statistically shown to get distracted easily behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- Premiums also based on gender – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both genders cause accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI). Male teenagers have the highest risk to insure so it costs more to insure them.
- Annual miles is a factor – Driving more miles in a year’s time the higher the price you pay to insure it. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An incorrectly rated Clarity can cost quite a bit. Verify your insurance coverage correctly shows the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – Many companies provide better rates to customers who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to compare Honda Clarity rates in Corpus Christi to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still save even more than the discount by buying insurance from a different company.
- Credit history impacts rates – Having a bad credit history can be a huge factor in calculating your premium rate. People that have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than those with poor credit. If your credit could use some work, you may save money insuring your Honda Clarity by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Affordable Corpus Christi car insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every policy discount very well, so the next list breaks down both the well known and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to analyze vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- The Hartford has discounts for defensive driver, air bag, driver training, vehicle fuel type, bundle, and anti-theft.
- American Family may offer discounts for mySafetyValet, defensive driver, bundled insurance, accident-free, and Steer into Savings.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Travelers may include discounts for multi-car, early quote, payment discounts, student away at school, new car, multi-policy, and save driver.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver, pay in full, distant student, multi-car, and youthful driver.
- USAA offers discounts for multi-vehicle, defensive driver, good student, multi-policy, family discount, and new vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include newly married, safety features, newly retired, new move discount, exclusive group savings, and good student.
If you are trying to find low cost Corpus Christi car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in Corpus Christi. If you would like to see a list of companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Texas, click here.
When you buy Corpus Christi car insurance online, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We covered a lot of information how to shop for Honda Clarity insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with an unexpected company. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Cheaper Honda Clarity insurance in Corpus Christi can be sourced both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both to have the best selection. A few companies do not offer online quoting and many times these smaller providers sell through independent agents.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teachers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Malibu in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)