There isn’t anyone who likes paying for insurance, in particular when they could find better rates elsewhere.
Unbelievable but true, nearly 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never compared insurance rates at all. American drivers could save up to 46.5% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a cheaper policy.
How to find affordable quotes for Honda Element insurance in Corpus Christi
If you want to save money, the best way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Corpus Christi. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Read about what is in your policy and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to help prevent costly coverage and get bigger discounts.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Element coverage is available in Corpus Christi. If you find better rates and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a signed application to your new company or agent. As soon as coverage is bound, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
A good piece of advice is to try to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
With vehicle owners having so many insurance providers from which to choose, it can be difficult for drivers to find the most cost effective insurance company.
Quoting and comparing rates for the lowest-priced car insurance policy in Corpus Christi is quite easy. If you already have coverage or want to find a cheaper company, you can use this information to shop for the lowest rates and still get good coverage. Drivers just need to understand the proper methods to get comparison quotes on the web.
Lowering your Honda Element car insurance rates is an easy way to save money. All you need to do is take the time getting comparison quotes provided by online insurance companies.
It’s so simple to compare car insurance price quotes online takes the place of having to actually drive to each insurance agency near you. Comparing Honda Element insurance rate quotes online has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the extra assistance that only an agent can give. Although you can comparison shop your insurance online but buy from a local insurance agent.
The companies in the list below offer free rate quotes in Texas. In order to find cheaper auto insurance in Corpus Christi, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance rate breakdown
The premium information shown next outlines a range of coverage prices for Honda Element models. Being aware of how auto insurance policy rates are established is important for you to make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Element LX 2WD||$288||$570||$462||$28||$138||$1,486||$124|
|Element LX 4WD||$288||$570||$462||$28||$138||$1,486||$124|
|Element EX 2WD||$288||$570||$462||$28||$138||$1,486||$124|
|Element EX 4WD||$288||$570||$462||$28||$138||$1,486||$124|
|Element SC 2WD||$288||$570||$462||$28||$138||$1,486||$124|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in specific Corpus Christi garaging location which can alter coverage prices significantly.
Rate comparison of men versus women
The example below compares Honda Element annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The example below shows the comparison of Honda Element auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The price estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no set guideline that works best for making the decision to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Honda Element replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $700 annually for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Despite the high cost, auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Honda Element, more than likely the lender will force you to have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda at an extremely high rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
What Determines Honda Element Insurance Rates?
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that come into play when calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to cheaper rates. Many factors are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes most of the major factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
Always keep your coverage in place – Driving any period of time without insurance is a misdemeanor and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance coverage expire. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Bad credit hurts insurance premiums – Having a good credit score is likely to be a major factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit rating can be improved, you may save money insuring your Honda Element by repairing your credit. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with worse credit.
An active policy claims history can cost you – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Texas generally give the best rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
Save annual miles and save money – The higher the mileage driven every year the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies calculate prices based upon how much you drive. Autos left parked in the garage receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An improperly rated Element can cost quite a bit. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance coverage properly reflects the correct driver usage.
Liability protection is important – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in when you are found liable for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Accidents hurt – Being a careful driver can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Getting just one chargeable violation can increase rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. Drivers with dangerous tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The information below illustrates how violations and accidents impact Honda Element auto insurance costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions might help in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Be persistent to save money
As you quote Corpus Christi auto insurance, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where an insured cut full coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
We just showed you many ideas to shop for Honda Element insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with the smaller companies.
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims, policy cancellation or questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Steps to finding more affordable Honda Element insurance in Corpus Christi
Truthfully, the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers in Corpus Christi. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and poor credit history can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Element coverage is available in Corpus Christi. If you can save some money and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new insurance company. Once coverage is bound, place the new proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. This enables a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Corpus Christi Car Insurance Rates for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teachers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Corpus Christi Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)