Do you want an efficient way to compare more competitive Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Corpus Christi? Paying for overpriced Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Corpus Christi can stress out your funds, especially in this economy. Comparing rates annually is free and is an excellent way to cut your insurance bill.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that the vast majority of auto insurance customers in Texas have remained with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and nearly half have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could save $850 each year just by shopping around, but they don’t know the actual amount they would save if they switch to a new company.
Steps to finding better rates for Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Corpus Christi
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get discount Volkswagen Beetle insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Corpus Christi.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about car insurance and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations and a less-than-favorable credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple sources. Select a company
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for the new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An important part of this process is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get prices from all possible companies. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Due to the fact that there are so many companies to choose from that have cheap insurance for a Volkswagen Beetle in Corpus Christi, it can be hard to pick the most cost effective auto insurance provider.
You need to compare rates once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the best rate on Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Corpus Christi on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the tricks you need to know to find better coverage on Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Corpus Christi at a better price.
Many insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive provide price estimates on the web. Getting online rates for Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Corpus Christi is pretty easy because you just enter the amount of coverage you want on the page. Upon sending the form, the quote system will obtain your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote determined by many factors. Being able to quote online for Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Corpus Christi makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is important to perform this step if you are searching for the best rate possible.
To compare pricing, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter your coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This makes sure you’re receiving comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Texas. If your goal is to find the cheapest car insurance in Corpus Christi, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Volkswagen at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Texas is overpaying more than $810 a year so shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Car insurance statistics and figures
The premium table displayed next showcases a range of insurance coverage prices for Volkswagen Beetle models. Having insight into how insurance prices are calculated helps drivers make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Beetle S 2-Dr Hatchback||$280||$682||$392||$24||$118||$1,496||$125|
|Beetle 2-Dr Convertible||$362||$802||$304||$18||$92||$1,578||$132|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can lower or raise premium rates significantly.
Gender-based car insurance rates by age in Corpus Christi
The example below compares Volkswagen Beetle insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Affordable Volkswagen Beetle insurance quotes in Corpus Christi
Car insurance companies do not advertise every available discount very well, so the list below details some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Corpus Christi auto insurance online.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you could save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower price if you buy some life insurance too.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky. But any discount will definitely reduce your premiums.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Beetle insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premiums are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- American Family offers discounts for good student, Steer into Savings, early bird, good driver, accident-free, and multi-vehicle.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for good student, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, youthful driver, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, multiple policy, and student away at school.
- Travelers has savings for home ownership, multi-policy, IntelliDrive, save driver, driver training, continuous insurance, and good student.
- The Hartford discounts include air bag, anti-theft, driver training, bundle, and vehicle fuel type.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-policy, military active duty, good student, air bags, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, and defensive driver.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, and good student.
Double check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in Corpus Christi.
Can’t I compare rates from local Corpus Christi insurance agents?
Many people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. And supporting local agents is important especially in Corpus Christi.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Corpus Christi who will return price quotes for your business. There is no need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you want to use local Corpus Christi agents, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Corpus Christi may be either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured.
When searching for an agent, you will want to get some free quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Corpus Christi who may provide competitive price quotes.
Joe Morales Insurance
5230 Kostoryz Rd # 18 – Corpus Christi, TX 78415 – (361) 852-4292 – View Map
1901 Baldwin Blvd # C – Corpus Christi, TX 78404 – (361) 654-0085 – View Map
These agents write business for a single company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Corpus Christi who can help you get comparison quotes.
Finding the right insurance agency should depend on more than just the price. Any agent in Corpus Christi should be forthright in answering these questions:
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Corpus Christi?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
If you feel you receive good answers to your questions and locked in a price quote, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that can properly service your car insurance policy.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When quoting and choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- When should I not file a claim?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Volkswagen Beetle?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Smart consumers save more
Some companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies only sell through independent agencies. Discount Volkswagen Beetle insurance is possible online and also from your neighborhood Corpus Christi agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim and even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies can be pretty painless.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can save on Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Corpus Christi. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Steps to buying discount Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Corpus Christi
The most effective way to get affordable Volkswagen Beetle insurance is to compare prices regularly from different companies who provide car insurance in Corpus Christi.
- Step 1: Try to understand how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as careless driving and a bad credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Beetle coverage is available in Corpus Christi. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new insurer. As soon as you receive it, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A good tip to remember is to try to use identical coverages on every quote request and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found by following these links:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for College Students in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Corpus Christi? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Corpus Christi Car Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)